No announcement yet.

E30 to E34- Who else has done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have both and love them. they are two different cars and you have to keep that in mind. you'll never get the room and comfort in the e30 as you do in the e34, but it's no where as nimble. having some hp can help. 535 is a good car

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

the e34 does feel heavy, but i think it handles awesome for the size. not really nimble but the road handling is good, i love taking long sweeping onramps in my e34, the e30 is great for s curves but at spped it feels really twitchy compared to the bigger bimmer. love them both i take the e30 when im alone but with any passengers its the e34 and then i dont have to hear "wow this car is oldschool inside" and thats with power windows lock, ac, etc i think its more luxurious than modern econo cars. throw some 17-18s and maybe something like the sach sporting kit on and you should be happy. get the swaybars from an m5 wagon and you will be surprised.
      sigpic

Comment

+1 the e34 is a great car, and it handles like a much smaller car, the turning radius alone is shockingly small. Its a much better put together machine than the e36, kinda like a big e30 to me. In my opinion the 535i is not worth it over a good 525i, but then I dream of a 525 with a built s50;)
        1987 325is - sold
        2001 330i - New DD

Comment

I drove and worked on a e34 for the first time today and it felt like a boat, I think they look good though and would rock one if i had a family or wanted a 4dr.
          97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
          2001 330ci 5 speed
          83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

I also have both. I DD my e34 while the e3o is the project car. e34 is fun on the highways but not as fun in the curves.
            sigpic

Comment

damn that sucks my e30 was rear end by a f250, but it getting fix right now
              sigpic
              24v swapped

Comment

i had the luxury to drive a hartge 535i. It was an awesome experience but i'd be affraid of parts. I hardly ever see them in junk yards. I'll definitely look in to a 535i or e39 touring once i get in to family mode. Until then its coupes or bust.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

FUCK!!!! Thats a bad accident!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

sorry about that clean E30

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                      the e34 does feel heavy, but i think it handles awesome for the size. not really nimble but the road handling is good, i love taking long sweeping onramps in my e34, the e30 is great for s curves but at spped it feels really twitchy compared to the bigger bimmer. love them both i take the e30 when im alone but with any passengers its the e34 and then i dont have to hear "wow this car is oldschool inside" and thats with power windows lock, ac, etc i think its more luxurious than modern econo cars. throw some 17-18s and maybe something like the sach sporting kit on and you should be happy. get the swaybars from an m5 wagon and you will be surprised.
                      A guy I work for was nice enough to give me a rear swaybar yesterday. I sure that will tighten up the back end a bit. Also I think I may go for a suspension upgrade and some 17's and see how that goes. I guess I can always pick up a project E30 later.

Comment

I have some M-Parallels for sale that would look great for a e34:

(Front) 18x8 (Rear) 18x9.5

PM me if your interested.

Sorry for HiJacking your thread. :mrgreen:

Comment

Well said!

Throw the sachs kit on and you won't be disappointed
                          1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                          Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

@jeckele30

sorry for your loss. the e30 is a great car but the e34 is also very nice. i bought an m5 starting this year and its a big difference to the e30. its heavier but with the correct suspension you can have a lot of fun. i drive the KW coil over and in my opinion its perfect but you will also need a good engine for the weight of the car.
                            *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by One21Two View Post
                              I have some M-Parallels for sale that would look great for a e34:

(Front) 18x8 (Rear) 18x9.5

PM me if your interested.

Sorry for HiJacking your thread. :mrgreen:

were those from a 5,7 or 8 series?
                              sigpic

Comment

were those from a 5,7 or 8 series?
                                Theyre from my Dad's 2001 740i

Comment

Working...
                                X