Cabrio owners: window seal kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio owners: window seal kits

I'm going to talk to Patrick @ BMA about a group buy on window rubber seal kits, seeing how its winter time and we just got our first rain of the winter here in socal.

Who's in?

1. me, jon (92 mtechnic cabrio)
    2. ummagawd
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

I may be in depending on price.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettM View Post
      I may be in depending on price.

+1 and which seals would be included?

Comment

Maybe. I think I just need that long one across the front of the car that seals to the front corner of the doors, cause whatever seal that is on mine is messed up and if its raining hard enough to get water in the seals gutter area if my car is facing down hill it comes dripping in right on my left leg and/or seat... =/

Comment

I would like to know which seals are include. I have the front one already so I just need the rest.
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I only need the windshield gasket, but if you can save me a buck or two I'd be interested.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
            MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
            | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

The windshield is the one I also need but would be willing to get all if possible for a good $.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                Maybe. I think I just need that long one across the front of the car that seals to the front corner of the doors, cause whatever seal that is on mine is messed up and if its raining hard enough to get water in the seals gutter area if my car is facing down hill it comes dripping in right on my left leg and/or seat... =/
                Lol that's the one that leaks most often, and unfortunately, is also the most expensive. I'm also working something out with rwdrift right now, but if we don't get anything sorted out by Monday, then Patrick will be getting a phone call.

Could anyone chime in with some experience? If it leaks between the A-pillar window and the A-pillar bar, what do you need to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                  The windshield is the one I also need but would be willing to get all if possible for a good $.
                  The windshield trim isn't cabrio specific therefore won't have anything to do with this possible group buy

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                    Just hit me up during the week and I'll get your windshield stuff sorted out. :)
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

damn man i did this 2 years ago and it cost me a shitload

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I may be interested as well.
                        -Dave
                        2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

interested... If I remember correctly, I need the rear horizontals and uprights on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post

Could anyone chime in with some experience? If it leaks between the A-pillar window and the A-pillar bar, what do you need to replace?
                            I have seen on a couple of the verts that when it leaks in between the A-pillar there is a small cut in the rubber seal right above the window. I have seen it on about 3 verts and all of them leaked on the drivers knee. Look close enough and the cut usually starts at the front of the window rubber seal (on the top) and goes about 2-3 inches toward the rear of the car. I didn't see mine until it seperated alittle bit while putting the top down.

Usually, also, the window is not adjusted right. Mine comes down from the sunvisors and I would put money on the front gasket above the windshield.<-this is the one I'm talking about which is vert specific. My last post was a little confusing, like the water was coming through my windshield.

Comment

vert window seals GB

I'm in for the front seal (I think it is part # 5431810090). A while back KO said they would do it for $130 shipped but I can't find the post.

Originally Posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio

I have the same issue. As a temporary solution, placing a 1" x 2" piece of neoprene (folded over once) in the top front corner and rolling up the window has worked great except that it looks crappy and needs to be reset every time you open the door.

Comment

Working...
                              X