Valve Noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really.

George, I guess mine aren't too bad, because I can certainly hear them, but not in the car when I'm driving it through a drive through or anything. I can hear my valvetrain clicking away pretty badly right now though. I need to adjust it bad :)

Comment

Where can one get a go-nogo gauge. My mechanic recommended gng-gauge but I was use to the feeler type. Is their a preference? When i search it, it just doesn't look right.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
        Where can one get a go-nogo gauge. My mechanic recommended gng-gauge but I was use to the feeler type. Is their a preference? When i search it, it just doesn't look right.
        Not that I really know, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that gng gauges are a principle rather than a 'thing'. I assume that's what Jordan was talking about, you use two feeler gauges, one 0.010" and one .012". The .010 should GO (with slight drag), the .012 should NO GO to ensure that the valves are tight enough to not get valve clatter.

Comment

jordo hit the head of the nail on that one. Thats how my father was taught and how he taught me. They should fit snugly on the .010 but not so snug that you have to yank to get them gauge out.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X