Why do cars have to be shiny?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brinkley
    replied
    Flat paint looks ok maybe good. NEVER great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Shiny cars give the impression that the car is well cared for. Flat cars give the impression that they're old and faded.

    Leave a comment:


  • DPI
    replied
    I have a gallon of flat seafoam green waiting to go on my E30 once the new fiberglass is on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tavern Gnome
    replied
    I think flat black cars are about as played out as MC Hammer pants.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    Originally posted by E_Swift
    I'm sorry but e30's have too many angles, contours, and lines to make flat work. Even if that car had been dropped it just would not look right for that style of paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • E_Swift
    replied
    No, not mine - just googled it.

    scroll down a bit...http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=26975873

    Leave a comment:


  • Mastrcruse
    replied
    Haha @ Jordan's comment.

    I think flat black is pretty sweet on cars that are done right to pull it off, there isn't a certain make/model car it just has to look right. The above car would look good if it had a drop.

    I was thinking about going flat black with the 335i after its done, I also am interested in how well it cleans up

    Leave a comment:


  • One21Two
    replied
    Originally posted by 02stu
    they have to be shiny because girls like shiny things
    Wut he said ^

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankM E30
    Most people couldn't tell.
    Most people are morons. :loco:

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Is this your car Eswift?

    If so, how easy is it to clean? dirt and grime come off easily?

    Leave a comment:


  • E_Swift
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Most people couldn't tell. I was thinking of re-painting the car a different color, but going flat this time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan
    replied
    Because most people aren't happy with roller paint jobs.

    Leave a comment:


  • 02stu
    replied
    they have to be shiny because girls like shiny things

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    started a topic Why do cars have to be shiny?

    Why do cars have to be shiny?

    Just a thought as to why cars have to have the ultimate gloss? what's wrong with flat painted cars? Anybody have pictures of flat painted E30's?
Working...