Why do cars have to be shiny?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maluco
    replied
    I'm digging the satin.... I got paint coming up sometime this year. I think I may have to go satin black.
    Last edited by Maluco; 12-30-2007, 09:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    yeah yeah yeah,,, and better gas mileage too....


    I want to see more of that copper - corrosion infested E30!

    Leave a comment:


  • AlarmedBread
    replied
    Shiny cars are faster.

    Leave a comment:


  • bolognablake
    replied
    As others have said, lots of satin cars, few that are flat.

    I really like satin paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • bev
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Only about 2 or 3 of the cars you posted are flat black. Most of them are satin black. Big difference.


    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Originally posted by MikesJo
    God I hate that car.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    satin anything is tits. my next e30 project is going to be satin if i dont get one with good paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    satin red is pretty bad ass

    but as ive said before if you slam and stretch that bitch it wont matter what color the car is

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied




    Flat red (or more satin red) is hot to me


    Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

    Leave a comment:


  • DPI
    replied
    Here is my VW in winter mode. Satin Green. I prefer the sheen on the satin paint. It's also amazing how many looks it gets driving down the street.

    Leave a comment:


  • ldsbeaker
    replied
    Who needs shiny?



    I love seeing people's reactions to my car. Most of the time it's like WTF?
    .. and it drives the local ricer's crazy. They can't tell if they should rev their engine at me or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • sanchin
    replied
    shiny shiny

    Yeah, shine indicates car is well cared for, washed etc... beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    I'm sorry - but some of those cars have such nice lines that it doesn't matter if it the paint is based on bird po-po juice or glossy. Don't get me started...

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    Originally posted by Maluco
    the clear increases the vehicle's paint durability and resistance to harmful environmental effects..... I don't imagine they make a flat paint that would take the place of all of clear's benefits. Not to mention one wouldn't really be able to as successfully apply wax and other products often.
    Actually most of the nicer satin jobs you see have clear on them .
    There is a flattening agent that you add to clear and can shoot over most base colors to get a nice satin semi-gloss finish .

    Leave a comment:


  • MikesJo
    replied

    Leave a comment:

Working...