X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sgtskid
    replied
    Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
    I'd say fight the urge to hit them up on Facebook give it a week, then go back, check the white pages in case they are old school, search death notices to see if maybe its in probate, then Facebook/ knocking on doors dressed nicely. Def go in a e30 too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    One e30 totaled, second e30 is ls swapped sitting in a storage unit.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    I'd say go ahead and try to contact them thru FB. If that doesn't work, I'd wait until later this week and send them a singing telegram. Who know's they might be willing to give it away!

Leave a comment:

• tiger_e30
    replied
    I'd say fight the urge to hit them up on Facebook give it a week, then go back, check the white pages in case they are old school, search death notices to see if maybe its in probate, then Facebook/ knocking on doors dressed nicely. Def go in a e30 too

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    Update:

I went by the house and no one was home/ or no one answered the door.... I left a note with my phone number and email.

I was trying not to creep too much because it is a rather nice neighborhood but, I took a quick walk around the car. It's rough.

Doesn't look like there is any rust but there is a small amount of body damage below the gas door on the passenger side. The driver side door is slightly crushed in right next to the fender (can actually be seen in the above photo), the paint is almost down to primer on the hood, roof, and deck lid. The interior looks complete with what appears to be a crack free dash. However, the passenger window is down about a quarter inch and you KNOW it's been rained in. :( The exhaust is hanging by the muffler which leads me to wonder if the engine is in it. There was so much stuff piled in the interior I couldn't tell if there was a shifter coming through or not. There is an extra valance laying on the ground in front of the car and the passenger side tires are both flat, dry rotted, and covered in debris. I'd say this car hasn't moved in maybe a year or more.

There were some very light chalk markings on the passenger flip out like perhaps it was in an impound lot or auction. They were faded and half scratched off so I couldn't tell what it said.

Trying to think of the next move. I found the owner of the house through public records and subsequently found their Facebook page. But is it a good idea to send them a message through there or is that creepy? I will be out of town for work over the next week and thought about stopping by when I get back. If my note hasn't moved then I could also knock on a neighbors door and see what information they know.

Leave a comment:

• tiger_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
    Not quite that easy. I did manage to get off work early though and I am at home now. My wife wants to ride with me so I am letting her finish up a few things before we drive over there. The car is about 30-45 minutes from where we currently live.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
    Man I'd burn a vacation day to knock on that door

Not quite that easy. I did manage to get off work early though and I am at home now. My wife wants to ride with me so I am letting her finish up a few things before we drive over there. The car is about 30-45 minutes from where we currently live.

Leave a comment:

• tiger_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
    The paint is badly faded, the windows are covered in tree grime, the exhaust appears to be hanging....

I am planning on knocking on the door a little later today if I can get off work at a decent time.
    Man I'd burn a vacation day to knock on that door

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    The paint is badly faded, the windows are covered in tree grime, the exhaust appears to be hanging....

I am planning on knocking on the door a little later today if I can get off work at a decent time.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Judging by the last M3 of that type we saw it probably has an M10 under the hood now.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    it has no plate and the front bumper is messed up. wrong wheels. could be a good candidate.

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    Memphis TN Area E30 M3 Spotted

My wife and I are moving soon and I was picking up some moving boxes. I was driving through the neighborhood when I just happened to glance over and see a red M3 sitting in someone's driveway.

Anyone know the story? Looks like it may have been sitting for a while.

Only going to post the one picture...I call dibs! ;D

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30 m3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	7196987

Leave a comment:

• 325e '87
    replied
    I’ve never seen anything that nice in Kansas.

Leave a comment:

• leegf
    replied
    I c u:

Leave a comment:

• leegf
    replied
    Effff me that's a nice color.

Leave a comment:

• cheffy30
    replied
    love that color!