Damn drivers on snow.. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn drivers on snow.. Need help

I was on the way to lunch when some damn idiot in a Blue Yukon cut in front of me on ice (it is only icy 2-3 days/year here in TX). I had to brake and then I lost control (only going 25ish). Car rotated 45 degrees and ran up on the curb. I just put an IS front lip on last month. It broke that off (and in half) and bent the lower valance. No fog damage, just bent the frame by the AC condensor -the 2 cross splines. Does not appear to have damaged the condensor-thank god. Also, I guess hitting head on was better than smacking sideways and bending up wheel assembly or something.

Anyway back to the story, the Yukon keeps going (cannot get plate-snow covered). I got out and put the 2 lip halves in trunk and see if anyone saw him. No one stopped...

I now need a lower front valance and a lower lip. I am thinking that I would upgrade to a Mtech 1 front since I have to replace it now anyway. Does anyone have one for sale? If not, anyone have a good (like new) front valance and lower IS lip?

It looks like I will be visiting the paint shop again. Upon further looks, the front left fender bent a little and a chunk of paint is off. Not much bend, but it looks a little pushed up from the bottom. Should be able to be fixed at shop.

I almost cryed :( After the lip last month, it was in perfect condition. I hate to see her damaged like this. Please PM me with any offers.

I would take a rear Mtech also, but priority 1 is front. I am taking it to the shop to get estimates.

I will post pics up tonight.

BTW, it is a 1989 325i 2dr Artic Blue.

I love how people take responsibility for their actions...
    sorry for your loss.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

They prolly have 4x4 and think it makes them invicable (sp) see it a lot, they end up in the dinky weeds most of the time. It was really bad back in Mi the 1st couple of snows every year. Saw a trail blazer in a living room once that had just passes me like a bat outta hell 10 min earlier.

sucks when people dont stop after the cause a wreck.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Its days like this that remind me I need to carry a grappling hook gun and ski's in the trunk for such winter scenarios.
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Wow, man that sucks. I'm glad you're alright. Here in CO we've also got waaay too many terrible drivers, most of whom have no idea how to drive on dry pavement. Add snow and or ice into the equation and bad things happen rather quickly. I have a Subaru Legacy I use for the winter car/ daily driver to avoid some idiot in a Stupid Useless Vehicle from hitting my new-to-me e30.

With the frame bent, will your insurance pay for repairs or will it total the car?
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That sucks man, I feel your pain. Where I live we have snow every year in November, and it just keeps building until spring. Roads in places have 2-3" of solid ice. Just two days ago something similar happened to me, but I was driving my truck. I was turning in to Albertsons and some stupid girl in a jetta decided to try to leave before I turned left in there. She had no traction adn was slow to get out, so I braked halfway through the turn so I wouldn't hit her, and my truck did a slow motion slide striaght in to a power pole. Just a ~5mph impact, but still fucked some shit up.

The shitty thing is, in the eyes of the law, both you and I are at fault. If you crash while avoiding someone, you are at fault. Had you just hit the Yukon, then it would have been their fault. Same with me, had I just hit the girl rather than trying to avoid her, she'd be at fault. Losing control at 25mph on ice is very bad, you should feel lucky you escaped with minimal damage.

But mtechI valence will not work on your '89. And if you want mtech2, you'll have to have a normal metal valence under it anyways. Might as well start looking for a straight stock valence.

Comment

Sucks dude.

BTW - Mtech I wont fit your car. You have a late model and would need Mtech II or another is lip.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input. I called Bav Autosport and Ian had an Mtech front that covers the valance for $539. Is this a Mtech 2 part? The only damage is to the middle and can be bent enough for this to fit.

Would it be better to spend 400ish for stock valance and is lip spoiler or go the other route.

Also, it looks like the oil cooler has a bend in it also. Not leaking or anything. Fins are mashed. Does anyone have an extra and if so, how much for it shipped to 79424?

I'll call Bavauto and see what the front is.

At least the fogs, etc are ok.

Comment

Look dude, theres no reason to spend 400 dollars on a valence and lip... Check out he classifieds and make two WTB (want to buy) threads, one for he valence, one for the lip. I got a perfect condition valence for about $200 with a rieger lip attached, for example. Sorry for your loss, people drive like dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
                    Thanks for the input. I called Bav Autosport and Ian had an Mtech front that covers the valance for $539. Is this a Mtech 2 part? The only damage is to the middle and can be bent enough for this to fit.

Would it be better to spend 400ish for stock valance and is lip spoiler or go the other route.

Also, it looks like the oil cooler has a bend in it also. Not leaking or anything. Fins are mashed. Does anyone have an extra and if so, how much for it shipped to 79424?

I'll call Bavauto and see what the front is.

At least the fogs, etc are ok.
                    if youre buying new send me the part numbers and ill beat anyones price on new oe stuff
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Yeah, blunt gets good deals. I've bought some shit from, he's good to deal with. Just look out for a hidden C&B.

Comment

might need to make friends with this blunt feller

lol
                        Originally posted by ebelements
                        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Working...
                        X