The R3V Garage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The R3V Garage Thread

About 6 months ago my dad began redesigning his garage so he may build the 914/6 Porsche, so i was left garage less until my grandma stepped in,

In January 2007, my grandfather passed away at the age of 88, and after that my grandma never touched his shop, and simply left it intact. My grandpa taught me 90% of my mechanical and electrical design knowledge in this shop, so I discussed taking it over for my automotive projects, which was a simple yes.

It has taken us quite a while to set the place up for fabrication, however we have finally reached a point where we have just about everything we need.

In a few years I plan on buying this house, which has a large open section of land that I can build a 2000+ SQ foot shop.

Until then, this is what we got.

Corner of the shop

Table Lathe for bushings/etc (still shopping for a vertical drive mill

Metal topped bench, which I'm currently using for differential work

Parts sink, air compressor, press, and on the left is an electric hacksaw my grandpa built in the 60's

Toolbox, M10 boat anchor, and shelving carrying about 20% of the parts we have in our collection

Today we installed 4 more florescent lights, including another lighting circuit to run the darn things. We can finally see just about everything as we have lights at all angles.

Full shop computer with its own dedicated cable modem and wireless ap, cable tv, as well as a 40H timelapse VCR which records everything we do in the shop for later high speed build viewing. This is also used for electrical fabrication

Full back of the shop showing John looking like an idiot

Anyway, this is the new shop, show us what yah got!

I don't think you guys need pictures to see what two spaces in a parking lot look like. :( Townhomes suck.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Nice looking shop!

This is my setup. 6' wide by 28' long. It's actually under my front porch. lol

We've got a power hacksaw too! Thing is old, but cool. Band saw that replaces it can also be seen.

The entrance is through a single car garage, where are air compressor is as well.

Comment

only a small pic

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

I feel like i have used this same picture for the same kind of thread, oh well, i miss my barn so here is the picture. I think i spend more time in this barn than in my bed when i am at home, pretty much my favorite place. I figure as long as I know where things are, it is organized. Many cars have been in and out of this barn and many various swaps have been done.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

upper:

lower:

Originally posted by Simon S
            When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I need more headroom.

Hunter
              We're out there in here.

Comment

i wish
                IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

My current garage full of junk. We just moved in and I plan on building a separate 3 car garage with a lift on my side lot.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                  1989 325iC M50 Vert
                  1989 325i Coupe
                  1991 318is
                  1995 318ti Club Sport
                  2006 330i e90
                  2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

j/k
                    Mine is a disaster area. I have so much crap going on that I just can't seem to find time to clear it up/finish my projects. ON WITH THE TOUR!!
                    This is my parts E28 (almost gone...), and my 535is that is taking forever to fix. Damn PO...

FYI. Bilstein Sports and Eibach Pro-Kit. (not bad for DD)

Most of the parts for my engine swap. Yup, that's a 265.

Next up, entertainment and sustenance.

Roundels, Bimmers, Bentleys, oh my!

And finally. TOOLS. arh Arh ARH!
                    What could I use this for?

Believe me, the toolbox is FULL. Mostly CraftsmanI actually had to upgrade this year. (<3)

... and my latest acquisition...

SNAP!!
                    Slicktop City!

Comment

Is that the rear wheel bearing tool? If so can I PLEEEEEEEEASE borrow it? I'll give you a deposit if you want.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post

... and my latest acquisition...

SNAP!!

CSI style photo xray:

Comment

Here is a picture from last summer. I currently just have my mom's garage. It would be alot different it if was mine. There is now a Costco tool box in front of my turbo car filled with tools, next to that AL race jack, jackstands etc. I also have a nice table/partswasher. I need more power/air tools. All in due time I suppose.

Currently in the garage is my Mom's Toyota Highlander and my turbo car. The 2002 is in storage. I drove it for the first time in several months the other day... I can't wait to restore that car.
                          :: PNW Crew ::
                          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Nice. Except I don't have the "Master Kit" that would have all those parts.
                            I just have the BMW specific ones.
                            U2 CD for perspective. This is a big honkin' tool!

... and yes, this tool will be up for rental, after I use it. I'm just waiting on a quote from KO before I order brakes, etc so that "while I'm in there" doing the bearings, everything else will be done.
                            I tried to post it up earlier in the DIY section, but the mods never approved it. *shrugs*
                            Slicktop City!

Comment

and

and

and

and

Comment

Working...
                              X