Bmw Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw Z1

Just wondering how many of these were ever made, and how many were still existing
    sigpic

About 8000 were ever built, and I think that most of those (6000 maybe, based on the number I've seen in museums and collections) are still around. The plastic bodywork is very durable, so they survive pretty well.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Just to make this thread more interesting...here is a pic of a Z1 I saw at a BMW meet back in 06

Comment

It's hard to believe they all had M20s. Someone needs to drop an S50/2 in there or just give it to Hartge or Alpina.
        - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
        E36 325i sedan
        E30 325i sedan
        Volvo 945T

Comment

Wasn't it basically e30 suspension as well?

Comment

Yeah, from what I understand the engine, transmission (Getrag 260), and the front suspension are directly from an E30. The rear suspension was some sort of multi-link deal they made specifically for that car, a pretty new age concept at the time.
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

i randomly saw it posted on some website...i never knew they existed. I think it is really cool how they mad the doors go down into the rockers.

reminds me of this markvIII lincoln with it's special concept? doors...
              no idea whether it's fact or fiction, but according to the nice people putting this one-of-a-kind up for sale on eBay, here's the "lore" on this here '93 Lin...
              sigpic

Comment

so its an uber concept E30 car.. sweet, to bad they didnt make enough to make them worth tracking.

Comment

your sig is so huge i was assuming you were thinking that was a z1

Comment

Very rare indeed, about 8 months ago a steering wheel from a z1 came up on ebay, like an idiot i didnt bid...

I like the s50/52 swap idea... Vlad you around?
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                      Very rare indeed, about 8 months ago a steering wheel from a z1 came up on ebay, like an idiot i didnt bid...
                      I would love to have a Z1 steering wheel, they're really cool looking.

Other than that, I've always thought the Z1 was fairly ugly.

Comment

I've conversed with a guy in the States that has one. He actually drives it a lot and has around 80k miles on it. He says it could use a little more power, but it is a great handling car. A real conversation piece if you had one.
                        Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                        www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

I never knew they existed. Interesting little car though.

Comment

very cool car. They actually have a good sized article on it in this month's issue of "Bimmer"

It said that they dug deeply into the E30 for parts. for the interior and the mechanicals.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                              very cool car. They actually have a good sized article on it in this month's issue of "Bimmer"
                              I was just about to say the same thing. It's a good article.

Comment

Working...
                              X