E92 ///M , R35 GT-R & GT3 tracked by Autocar UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E-Thirty
    replied
    M3 really shouldn't be in that comparison. If they make a CSL version, then maybe, but seriously, who wasn't expecting those results?

    Leave a comment:


  • Emre
    replied
    Originally posted by eta wagen
    What's with the M3's oversteer? Sheesh. The M5 oversteers badly too.
    I'm assuming this was a joke. Otherwise, we'd have to tell you to GTFO this forum :p

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    The cars were also fitted with different tires at the time....

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by eta wagen
    What's with the M3's oversteer? Sheesh. The M5 oversteers badly too.
    Whats wrong with oversteer? :p

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    i think the results will be pretty much the same

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    I personally would like to see the result of the same tests, done to the 1988 models of the M3, GTR, and 911

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied
    What's with the M3's oversteer? Sheesh. The M5 oversteers badly too.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    Originally posted by etxxz
    isnt that gt3 about twice the price of an M3 anyways?!
    Pretty much, yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevofthahill
    replied
    The m3 was also completely outclassed in these videos. A GT3 is basically a stripped bare bones race ready car from the factory, complete with "scaffolding" as Jeremy Clarkson so succinctly puts it. The skyline is just a technological wonder with gizmo's out the ass. And the m3 is a fairly simple sports coupe. It's not even close to what these "supercars" are.

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    isnt that gt3 about twice the price of an M3 anyways?!

    Leave a comment:


  • ldsbeaker
    replied
    I guess if you're the type of guy who just wants to buy the best car, not have to do any work, and be the fastest, then the GTR is your car.
    Don't get me wrong, I <3 the Skyline, always have (3 years in Japan), but it just seems TOO easy. You're not driving, the car is doing all the work, in turn making you look like a rockstar. I don't think he said how much the skyline is going to be, but I'm sure it's going to be in the GT3 range, whereas the ///M3 is quite a bit cheaper than both.

    Leave a comment:


  • etxxz
    replied
    but the point is that new M3 is way too big and heavy...i've been preaching this since the red M3 commercial came on....and it kind of a shame that it ran out of brakes during the test OUCH BMW!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • soviet1942
    replied
    Yeah but isn't the M3 cheaper. O_O

    Whatev. E30 FTW Fuck that. :drink:

    Leave a comment:


  • e30pwr
    replied
    R35............tame..........? Not so much. I do however think that the M3 provided much more to want out of its time and performance. And with these results I'd recon that BMW needs to take a hard look at what it needs to do to the M3. IF its the same money as a GT3 I think that there should be more performance and less shenanigans in that thing than what I just viewed.

    The R35, it intrigued me. I want to take a harder look at it. I knew it has been coming for a while but I really wanted to see what all Nissan would put into it. And with it being the first "skyline" to come to the US(yes old habits die hard. I shall call it the R35 skyline) I think Nissan has kicked ass and taken names. As shown. But a better set of drivers IMO, and I don't know who was doing this test and his background/abilities, would give us a better opinion. Like say a 3-7 driver field getting laps with the same tires. So it comes down to more of the car than the tires as this man liked to talk about.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    nice - the R35 seemed pretty tame, maybe a bit boring even? I think it's mostly the sound of the engine and the paddle shifters. and you have to admit, the new M3 isn't all that great..

    Leave a comment:

Working...