F* stockinteriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F* stockinteriors

Alright...I guess you get what you pay for ($250) BUT in this case I got half what I paid for.
    I got my black carpet today...and the so called "molded carpet" is in no way f*in molded.
    It was so flimsy and horrible that I don't know where to start.

It seemed like alot of people wanted to know about the quality of their carpets here...so I tell you first hand to steer clear for any purchases.

The "fit" was in no way a so called "fit"...more like you gotta make it fit somehow.

I went ahead and threw the sob in there just cuz I felt like I could work it somehow...but if you want a descent carpet just go to lows and ask for car/boat carpet with rubber on bottom.
    At least you can fit that sooo much better.

PS I will post some after-pics after finishing it off tomorrow.
    but so far I'm soo disappointed.
    also the cutting f* ups didn't help either :(
    Last edited by eshghehBMW; 03-04-2008, 12:23 AM.

where did you buy it from?

Comment

stockinteriors.com

Comment

Originally posted by eshghehBMW View Post
        stockinteriors.com
        Sorry to tell you brother, but you should have just paid an auto upholstery guy, my brother is one and let me tell you; the shit we think it's the easiest becomes the biggest pain in the ass...,that's why you should leave it to the pros
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
          Sorry to tell you brother, but you should have just paid an auto upholstery guy, my brother is one and let me tell you; the shit we think it's the easiest becomes the biggest pain in the ass...,that's why you should leave it to the pros
          I hear ya...but that would of cost nearly $350-400.
          the molded oem carpet from dealer is $500.
          my loss...never the less.

Comment

I just remembered these people, http://www.accmats.com/ I had got about 5-6 carpets for cars from then through out the years. I had got them for my Muscle Cars. The price reflectes what you are buying though. They are not cheap but have a very good fit.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have said it before, I will say it again...for E30s (which are the only BMW I have pulled carpet from) don't fuck around, go OE. Find decent used, pressure wash it, let it dry, paint it if you want and re-install.

The built in padding makes it totally impossible to do any changes.

You could do early '86 and before padding separate from the carpet and then do aftermarket, but why bother?

I have done several trucks, SUVs vans, cars, all domestic...easy stuff there, no worries. BMW? Fuck no, go OE.

Sorry about your waste of money.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                I just remembered these people, http://www.accmats.com/ I had got about 5-6 carpets for cars from then through out the years. I had got them for my Muscle Cars. The price reflectes what you are buying though. They are not cheap but have a very good fit.
                Thanks...but $391.48 is kinda steep.

Comment

Originally posted by eshghehBMW View Post
                  Thanks...but $391.48 is kinda steep.
                  I feel your pain man, when money is an issue, shit $50 bucks sounds expensive:(
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

when you have no money, 50 cents is a even steep.

Comment

there are times like this...when I wana say fck it to a 20and-then-some year old BMW,,,wake up and smell the roses.:(
                      Last edited by eshghehBMW; 03-03-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimm862 View Post
                        when you have no money, 50 cents is a even steep.
                        This is the part of moving away to go to college I'm not excited about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
                          I moved and came back...boi do I miss the freedom...but money proved to be the better thing cuz at least now I can afford having SOME savings.
                          Last edited by eshghehBMW; 03-04-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
                            You don't have to be broke in college. I feel that I had just as much fun as everybody else, and worked full-time. Sure, taking five classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays sucked, but I was never broke.

Comment

Thats why I went with a carpet from a dead E30, only cost me $100 and after a steamvac it was brand new again.

Joe Funk (Funkmasta) is your friend.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                              X