new kid needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new kid needs some help

where should i start just like simple stuff like i was thinking about a doing the plastics and stuff with paint cause they look like crap but anything else i know its a shitty pic but any suggestions thanks

Suspension, then wheels, then bodywork, then paint.

Why? You'll get the most enjoyment out of the suspension mods. Wheels before suspension looks like ass. I'd save the paint/body for last - by then you'll know what look you are going for.

I left out any mods to the motor cause most guys just dream out it and never do anything. The DOHC swap thread should let you live vicariously through other people s5x swaps to last you a while.

I find it hard to "save up money" for my e30 (alway have something else that comes up) - so what I do is save up parts. Order a few parts here and there, next thing you know you have a weekend full of goodies to put on the car.

HTH
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

what shoul i get i was think h and r cup kit or i was think h and r sports and bilstein sports thanks i wasnt planning on doing like a lot of paint just a lil rattle can for some of the faded stuff and i have have stuff to smoke my tails but thanks keep em coming

Comment

Another reason you want to wait till last for the body and paint is that you scratch and bang your car no matter how careful you are when doing upgrades.so research,research, research before you do to much. Then go for it .

Comment

thanks some questions to go with the post to i have an ansa muffler if i just got like a muffler and threw it on there would it fit in place of where mine is now and which one should i get?? and cup kit or sports and sports

Comment

Originally posted by dager325 View Post
            thanks some questions to go with the post to i have an ansa muffler if i just got like a muffler and threw it on there would it fit in place of where mine is now and which one should i get?? and cup kit or sports and sports
            BTW - this is an ENGLISH only forum. Brush up on your grammar - I can't read your last post to save my life.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

That made my head hurt.

91 318is

Comment

Sorry about that, hows this?

Thanks for the advice. I just have a coulpe of questions to go with the post. I have an ansa muffler, if i just got a new muffler and threw it on there would it fit in place of where mine is now. What about my suspension? Should I get h and r sports and bilstein sports? Sorry about the grammaar.

Comment

Sorry about that, hows this?

Thanks for the advice. I just have a coulpe of questions to go with the post. I have an ansa muffler, if i just got a new muffler and threw it on there would it fit in place of where mine is now. What about my suspension? Should I get h and r sports and bilstein sports? Sorry about the grammaar.
                  Roundel took a 325is and spent 3 to 4k modifying it. H&R's, short shift, chip, wheels, tires, etc. They did a before and after at second creek and with the the mods, knocked a second off the lap time. Sorta made me wonder about spending my money on go fast stuff when I can do DE's and make myself faster. Just my HO.

The grammar is better, now work on the spelling. :tsk:
                  sigpic
                  Richard
                  1989 325is, departed: 1966 2000, 1969 2002, 1982 320is
                  1987 Carrera
                  1994 LS 400
                  2003 LX470
                  2004 F350
                  2008 JD 3720

Comment

suspension and brakes first.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Rcicharde30 View Post
                      Roundel took a 325is and spent 3 to 4k modifying it. H&R's, short shift, chip, wheels, tires, etc. They did a before and after at second creek and with the the mods, knocked a second off the lap time. Sorta made me wonder about spending my money on go fast stuff when I can do DE's and make myself faster. Just my HO.

The grammar is better, now work on the spelling. :tsk:
                      wow, fuck suspension mods, cut springs ftw. You always get the perfect height.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimm862 View Post
                        wow, fuck suspension mods, cut springs ftw. You always get the perfect height.
                        Yeah dude run cut springs with stock shocks. Just seal the strut housing with RTV so no oil gets out and you'll be fine.

EDIT: Wait - thats what people who cant graduate middle school do. Buy a proper suspension.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                          Yeah dude run cut springs with stock shocks. Just seal the strut housing with RTV so no oil gets out and you'll be fine.

EDIT: Wait - thats what people who cant graduate middle school do. Buy a proper suspension.

hahaahhaaa

Comment

where should i start just like simple stuff like i was thinking about a doing the plastics and stuff with paint cause they look like crap but anything else i know its a shitty pic but any suggestions thanks
                            Pulling your trim off and painting it with SEM vinyl paint would make your car look 100% better. A nice Satin finish makes all the trim match and look all nice and pretty. Prep is the hard part, take your time and do it right.

One bit of trim that really makes a difference to repaint is the vent trim just below your windshield. You will have to pull the wiper arm on the left side, but it isn't that hard.

While all the trim is off buff your car with a cheap ass orbital buffer and Meguires "Cleaner Wax"...while not exactly flawless wax, it will really bring some shine to the paint. Being able to polish under the trim edges and the cowl area below the windshield make a HUGE difference, too.

So, GL and make it pretty.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Bumper tuck and color matching should be easy, along with a drop and nice wheels, you'll already have a nice looking car.
                              Check for sale threads and ebay for used springs and shocks, that will save you a few bucks.
                              For the rims, I advise you do a lot of research or you will end up buying 2 or 3 sets before you get what you really like (at least if was like that for me)
                              344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X