Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love free stuff (Porsche Material Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love free stuff (Porsche Material Inside)

My Godfather is a huge Porsche guy, and every once in awhile he gets some newer Porsche stuff handed to him, so he called me and said to come pick this up.

I guess one of the gauges is bad, not sure which one, but it bench tests fine, and will make a nice wall ornament in my office at work, and of course I will hookup some power to it once its hung so it can flash and be used as an overcomplicated clock!

Pretty sweet! What's it from?

Comment

You just gave me an idea for a clock...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        Pretty sweet! What's it from?
        996 TipTronic. Not sure of any other details.

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
          You just gave me an idea for a clock...
          I have a euro 316i cluster (clock in place of the tach) for my real office clock, if DHL would deliver the damn thing.

Comment

What an unbelievable fucking SWEET cluster!

Damn, now I know what I want for gauges. I bet it isn't even databus crap, just normal gauges...too cool, James.

(notices silver watch swing gently in front of him) Jaaaaaaaaames....you are getting sleeeeeepy....give those gauges to luuuuuuuuke so he can build a new daaaaaaaaaash around themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Shit, I'd hate to think of what the oil pressure would be like with the engine actually running. :) I wonder if that's why they canned that cluster.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                I have a euro 316i cluster (clock in place of the tach) for my real office clock, if DHL would deliver the damn thing.
                You know what would be really cool to do with that? Have it framed in a deep frame, like a shadowbox, and have a nice looking matte done around the cluster, so all you see is the face of the cluster in the frame. That would look really damn cool.

Comment

You know what would be really cool to do with that? Have it framed in a deep frame, like a shadowbox, and have a nice looking matte done around the cluster, so all you see is the face of the cluster in the frame. That would look really damn cool.
                  But actually build a shadowbox and use the factory night illumination to light up the face of it. That would be sick.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                    Mmmm, now i know what to do with my 316i cluster.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt View Post
                      Shit, I'd hate to think of what the oil pressure would be like with the engine actually running. :) I wonder if that's why they canned that cluster.
                      Nah, with a potentiometer I was able to adjust the sweep of all the gauges, I just need to toss a resistor on the oil pressure one.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        What an unbelievable fucking SWEET cluster!

Damn, now I know what I want for gauges. I bet it isn't even databus crap, just normal gauges...too cool, James.

(notices silver watch swing gently in front of him) Jaaaaaaaaames....you are getting sleeeeeepy....give those gauges to luuuuuuuuke so he can build a new daaaaaaaaaash around themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                        All normal gauges, which is freaking awesome!

Comment

Aaaargh!

Must Has Them!111!!eleven!1

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

or even cut a hole in the wall, place the cluster in the hole, and put a picture frame around it

james: are you saying that each of the gauges are driven by voltage? or is the other end of the potentiometer tied to common ground? or what? inquiring minds want to know

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                              or even cut a hole in the wall, place the cluster in the hole, and put a picture frame around it

james: are you saying that each of the gauges are driven by voltage? or is the other end of the potentiometer tied to common ground? or what? inquiring minds want to know
                              For the oil pressure, fuel, temp, etc I was using a pot just to change resistance across ground and the gauge signal wire.

For the speedo/tach I was pulsing around 1.5 - 3.0volts to sweep them..

Comment

Working...
                              X