extended brake cooling duct-foglight delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extended brake cooling duct-foglight delete

just started fabbing it up im a little farther along than the pics show...but heres the basic idea...im thinking thisll eventually be an interesting ram air setup
    gonna be baller
    55.56%
    meh
    44.44%
    wtf
    0.00%

I like it!

Comment

Interesting idea.

Did you just out a left and right side brake duct on the same side?

E30Fiend
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Looks pretty good actually.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

yeah thats all it is the mountings gotta be different on the one where the foglight was and you haffta take a little material off your valence, but it seems fairly straightforward....ive got it almost done just a little sanding and then some paint....anyone wanna buy my fogs lol

Comment

Very cool, and I know it has been done before, so go for it!
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
              Very cool, and I know it has been done before, so go for it!
              well damn just when i thought i was being original lol....do you happen to have a pic of the car, cuz im getting kinda curious and im not gonna lie...its alooot of fabing

Comment

its an e30, everythings been done
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

That is a great idea. If you can make molds of air ducts that fit the stock fog light location, and look OEM, you have a great product. Make them in black fiberglass with round 3" outlets.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Wow, very nice. I like my fogs, though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

pretty cool. is there stock ducting that actualy channels the air to the brakes? my 318is only has the scoops next to the fogs...

Comment

Originally posted by KevyWevy View Post
                        pretty cool. is there stock ducting that actualy channels the air to the brakes? my 318is only has the scoops next to the fogs...
                        Yes, it's missing on almost every car. I'm putting in tubing, its cheap and replaceable.

Comment

thanks. thats what i was thinking about doing... just need my tires so i can put my new wheels on and figure out the clearance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            That is a great idea. If you can make molds of air ducts that fit the stock fog light location, and look OEM, you have a great product. Make them in black fiberglass with round 3" outlets.
                            i was actually discussing this with a buddy today how much would be reasonable price wise....like 80 a pair?

Comment

Figure how much you're making it for once you have a finished product and you've figured how much you've spent yourself.

I don't know where I saw it, but it was from a New York E30 that I saw at a show in PA. I'll search around...

EDIT: Here it is from a NY show, but no front end shots!

Sorry, I can't seem to find any more pictures. If I do I will post it.
                              Last edited by M42Technik; 03-19-2008, 12:18 AM.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                              X