? about Dynomax SuperTurbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewintraining View Post
    Someone told me upgrading from stock exhaust wouldn't really benefit performance wise on a stock M20, someone tell me he's wrong. He said the same about intake too
    hes right, its just for sound gains on the m20
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Thanx, to you all for the heads up, maybe I aught to wait for something better....
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by abigballafb76 View Post
        To everyone reading, he knows what he is talking about, he just got his words mixed up.

And to answer your question Edwin, super turbo is like a knock off flowmaster. Its sounds almost exactly the same but at less than half the price.

E30Fiend
        So he made a mistake with the whole "copper tubing" thing, but you, Mr. Fiend, have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Believe it or not, muffler designs are significantly different, internally. How the muffler sounds is determined by the design of the insides of the muffler.

If you look at the insides of these 3 mufflers, it should be obvious WHY they sound so different. The Ultraflow is louder, raspier, the ST is far quieter and smoother, the Flowmaster is rumblier, louder and far more aggressive that either.

Here is a Dynomax ST: Note how the perforated tubing makes 2 "U" bends, and is far longer. Those bends do a very efficient job of quieting the exhaust, and smoothing the individual pulses of the exhaust.

Here is a "UltraFlo", also by Walker/Dynomax: You can see how this would be a very aggressive sounding muffler. This in Stainlesss Steel, sounds fucking wicked and las

Here is a Flowmaster. Those internal baffles are all that quiets the exhaust, no padding, no extra baffles, nothing but what you see:

So yeah, there are damn near no similarities to a Flowmaster of any Walker product.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Alright dipshit. Maybe you should read a little better next time. In the beginning of the original post, it says getting the exhaust piped from the INTAKE MANIFOLD back to the muffler. Don't act like a badass because you can copy and paste some pictures from a website on the a forum. If you knew how to read statements correctly you will see that I said the SOUND is the same not the design of the muffler. I have heard two E30s with the same exhaust systems but different mufflers. Those two different mufflers were the super turbo and the flowmaster 50 series. They sounded exactly the same.

So before you jump to your stupid ass assumptions as to I don't know shit maybe you should read back through the post.

Dumbass.

E30Fiend
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Alright dipshit. Maybe you should read a little better next time. In the beginning of the original post, it says getting the exhaust piped from the INTAKE MANIFOLD back to the muffler. Don't act like a badass because you can copy and paste some pictures from a website on the a forum. If you knew how to read statements correctly you will see that I said the SOUND is the same not the design of the muffler. I have heard two E30s with the same exhaust systems but different mufflers. Those two different mufflers were the super turbo and the flowmaster 50 series. They sounded exactly the same.

So before you jump to your stupid ass assumptions as to I don't know shit maybe you should read back through the post.

Dumbass.

E30Fiend
            Sounds like your the one that needs too calm down and reread your post. Cause a Flowmaster is in no way like a knock off of a "Turbo" muffler.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

And to answer your question Edwin, super turbo is like a knock off flowmaster. Its SOUNDS almost exactly the same but at less than half the price.

E30Fiend
              As it says right there ^^^^^^ it SOUNDS the same. Why spend the money on a more expensive muffler if there is one out there that is comparable to it's SOUND that is less than half the price.

Now thats two people that need to go back to elementary school.

:finger:

E30Fiend
              Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

I'de like 2 apologize for my misunderstanding and would like for everyone to chill and take a long breath...........thank you for all your imput once again....

Edwin.......
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

And to answer your question Edwin, super turbo is like a knock off flowmaster. Its sounds almost exactly the same but at less than half the price. Now the whole price isn't half bad but you have to make sure that you get a quality cat along with the whole set up. it sounds like a nice set up for sound though.

E30Fiend
                  This is the part that you need to reread again. That's why me and Luke posted what we did. Cause a Turbo muffler is not like a Flowmaster.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

honestly guys i like my dynomax super turbo muffler on my 325e. sounds great. not too loud until u step on it. i also got a aftermarket cat and a custom made exhaust for this too. i love the dyno max though

Comment

I'm a tool
                      ban this guy ^^^

I have the dynomax on my 318is. I like the sound and it's not too loud.

Comment

To put this to rest and stop the bickering:

Read the six words following the part you decided to point out.

I'm over this thread. Edwin and I talked and he has a good idea of what he wants now. Oh wait I don't know shit.

Sorry Edwin forget what I said cuz I don't know shit.

E30Fiend

Comment

What you needed to say is, that they sound similar. Not that a turbo is like a knock off of Flowmaster. You just went about it in a long confusing way.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                            What you needed to say is, that they sound similar. Not that a turbo is like a knock off of Flowmaster. You just went about it in a long confusing way.
                            Agreed.

Truce.

E30Fiend

Comment

Truce.

E30Fiend
                              Not quite yet, young fucktard.

I am willing to accept an apology from you, or, equally willing to flame the fuck out of you until you get banned.

My suspicion is that I wouldn't have much time to flame you.

Now if you actually get over yourself, learn that misinformation is NOT tolerated on this board, and learn to respect your elders, you might be able to hang around a while...but I suspect that may be too tall an order for you.

Arrogance is not a virtue, young man.

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X