S**t, fender bender!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    Originally posted by smonkbmw
    why not claim it on insurance? worse case they total it out, buy it back, fix it and spend the rest on a massive brake kit! lmao
    My coverage is liability only.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by smonkbmw
    why not claim it on insurance? worse case they total it out, buy it back, fix it and spend the rest on a massive brake kit! lmao
    dont make fun of him , u never know that someday it will happen to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • smonkbmw
    replied
    why not claim it on insurance? worse case they total it out, buy it back, fix it and spend the rest on a massive brake kit! lmao

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingLegend06
    Driver error. I was rolling up on everyone as the light turned green and they all started moving, I look away at something happening off to the side of the road and when I look back half a second later everyone is stopped and I was just too slow on the brakes. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm just glad things are not worse. The other car (a 1999 Lexus es) came out with barely a scratch.
    shit happened to me last year, well almost, did the work with amechanic freind and my self , also u could just pull the raddi support and u will be fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Groupie
    That blows. Why did you hit them? If you couldn't stop with an m42 up front, maybe you should rethink the m30 idea.
    Driver error. I was rolling up on everyone as the light turned green and they all started moving, I look away at something happening off to the side of the road and when I look back half a second later everyone is stopped and I was just too slow on the brakes. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm just glad things are not worse. The other car (a 1999 Lexus es) came out with barely a scratch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Why did you hit them? If you couldn't stop with an m42 up front, maybe you should rethink the m30 idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    started a topic S**t, fender bender!

    S**t, fender bender!

    I got into a small accident where I rear ended the car in front of me and I'm going to need to replace the radiator core support. The entire impact was above my front bumper so the frame is perfect, I am just going to have to replace the hood and core support. Since I've got an m42 the radiator is still plenty far away from the fan and the car is perfectly drive able.

    for the next 7 days I have access to a shop and no school so I'm looking at fully repairing this myself. I went and scoured the junkyard yesterday and got myself my light housings, grilles and hood, now I just need a radiator core support and a new steering wheel(airbag deployed, wtf?) and possibly a late model front valence.

    Drilling the spot welds out of a junkyard car core support sucks so I'm looking for more options. The dealer is going to want a ton for a new factory part so I'm looking for an after market core support or one that has been very nicely removed by one of you (hopefully locally). Somebody help me out.

    Sorry for the lack of pictures, the severity of the accident was just about this same as this guys http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...r+core+support

    My fenders are untouched except for tearing out the first hole that the inner fender mounts to (perfectly symmetrical damage right to left), the damage to the inner fenders are very slightly pulled in from the core support bending but can be bent straight again.

    This happened at the worst absolute time for me too, I was on the way back from the bank with cash in hand for my 5spd e34 m30 parts car. fixing my car is not the project that I had planned for this week :(


    Any input/advice/parts would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Alex
Working...