S**t, fender bender!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Funkmasta
    replied
    lol, I have a few core supports, all from parts cars, and I have an alpine2 hood that is in pretty decent shape. Definitely needs a cut and buff though... -J

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    hahah i still use my bent up raddi support doesnt look too bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    My radiator core support order got cancelled for some reason? Some sort of error happened on the other end, so i'm open to whatever you guys have.

    Well I spent today at the shop with a winch and some friends and got this shit all pulled straight as a temporary fix. Its back up to daily driver status,the hood closes and latches and the flat black looks really classy. I'm real happy with how the temporary repair worked out. My friend took some pictures of the repair on his phone and he might post them up.

    Hey joe, is it an alpineweiss II hood? mint? I might be interested. Tell me more about this core support, is it new or pulled from a parts car? I think ill give you a call tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funkmasta
    replied
    I have an alpine hood, and a radiator support... shoulda called?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by smonkbmw
    uh yeah that is possible but i have full coverage so i dont have to worry about this problem there ace.
    well , good for you man, and take care of the M3:)

    Leave a comment:


  • smonkbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmer_E30
    dont make fun of him , u never know that someday it will happen to you.
    uh yeah that is possible but i have full coverage so i dont have to worry about this problem there ace.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    I already ordered a new core support from amazon for $76 and $119 shipping. After a little searching it appeared that all the aftermarket core supports are the same piece so i just figured that amazon would be a trusted site to buy from. None of the sites gave any shipping options because of the size of the piece so it looks like it might just be freight shipping.

    Thats a pretty impressive fix with a slide hammer, I was thinking that the best way would just be to chain it up to a tree and just put it in reverse and see if that makes any progress. My biggest concern is light and hood fitment after this thing is repaired.

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    There's a guy on ebay named Reggie Stewart, his store is reggie's motorworks (search for RMW). He's a great guy and I think he actually has a core support for sale now for $120 or something. Not sure how shipping would go, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • kway
    replied
    If you just want to get by temporarily you can pull it out with a HEAVY slide hammer. I hit a deer last spring and was able to pull mine out pretty well with a 13lb'er I bought from Harbor Freight (don't even try with the little 3-5 pound dent pullers, it won't move).

    Still rocking it as-is (only paid $750 for the car, so new rad. support doesn't make economic sense) and no one ever notices unless I tell them. I don't have before and after pics, but it was about as bad as the pics from the link above. I did another hack job on my 318i parts car which was worse. I didn't really care how it looked, didn't matter. I just needed it drivable temporarily.
    I have pics of that one here:

    Leave a comment:


  • Ral
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingLegend06
    Driver error. I was rolling up on everyone as the light turned green and they all started moving, I look away at something happening off to the side of the road and when I look back half a second later everyone is stopped and I was just too slow on the brakes. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm just glad things are not worse. The other car (a 1999 Lexus es) came out with barely a scratch.
    this (sorta) happened to me a few weeks ago in AZ. I didn't hit someone, but this 2003 M3 started staring at my M3 and lovetapped the car in front of him. I've certainly had my fair share of close calls as well...

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingLegend06
    anyone heard of "auto parts train"?
    I always stay away from "trains." ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingLegend06
    Driver error. I was rolling up on everyone as the light turned green and they all started moving, I look away at something happening off to the side of the road and when I look back half a second later everyone is stopped and I was just too slow on the brakes. I have nobody to blame but myself. I'm just glad things are not worse. The other car (a 1999 Lexus es) came out with barely a scratch.
    That's exactly how I hit someone. I've only hit two cars, BOTH of which were BMWs...

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    anyone heard of "auto parts train"? seems suspiciously cheap. real oem quotes the price at $476.53 for oem, is this replacement part going to be 1/7th the quality for 1/7th the price?

    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E4J7VA/ref=nosim/

    Leave a comment:


  • AlpineIS
    replied
    At least you are ok, everything else is repairable. I remember seeing a new, original radiator support a couple weeks ago on eBay. I just checked and it is still available:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...spagenameZWDVW


    I don't think this is something someone would snatch up. If I were you I would contact the seller and maybe they could set up a Buy it now option for you.

    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Madhatter
    replied
    just on the wrecking yard, they will cut the entire front end off the car starting back past the front panel, so you can take it home and unpick it with a drill bit at your leisure.

    Try aftermarket panel suppliers too, you will be surprised, front panel for my E21 from the dealer was only $700, aftermarket, it is 1/3rd the price.

    Leave a comment:

Working...