help me out ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me out ...

hey guys as some of you might have read. i am going to be doing a carbon fiber valve cover for a school project. (yea i chose the valve cover). my question is if any one in the philly area would like to help me out and has an extra valve cover laying around that they would like to donate to the betterment of e30's all around the world. haha that would be great. if not can anyone tell me of a junk yard around here that i could get one for cheap.

thanks,
    colin

ps. i will return it when i am finished with my project..

thanks again.

Comment

ill loan you one of mine if you make me one too

Comment

ha i dont know about that. and your in texas.

Comment

My advice - get the less popular eta (old?) valve cover(cheap), and grind off the embossing. Make up some lettering and ribbing in wood or plastic and bond it to the shaved cover. Then use that to make your mold.

I think a CF VC that read "BMW POWER" or something would get guys breathless around here.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Make one for eta's that says "NO POWER".
            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
            E36 325i sedan
            E30 325i sedan
            Volvo 945T

Comment

ill pay for shipping

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                My advice - get the less popular eta (old?) valve cover(cheap), and grind off the embossing. Make up some lettering and ribbing in wood or plastic and bond it to the shaved cover. Then use that to make your mold.

I think a CF VC that read "BMW POWER" or something would get guys breathless around here.
                are they the same size??i really just need one to match up the wholes and stuff.

Comment

good luck with the roject.
                  THE ONLY WAY TO DRIVE AN S2K IS TOPLESS AND BOOSTED! GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jpsfab View Post
                    good luck with the roject.
                    thanks, but can someone tell me if they are the same size and have the same holes.

Comment

Same mounting holes - 99% sure they both have the same breather tube too.

Check the engine bay thread.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Make sure you use some small metal tubing to put in place of where the holes are. Helps make sure you don't crack the CF around where the nut goes.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                            Make sure you use some small metal tubing to put in place of where the holes are. Helps make sure you don't crack the CF around where the nut goes.
                            yea i was going to experiment with different things. free carbon fiber is great!!

Still no one has one that i could borrow for a little???

Comment

Working...
                            X