Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found an IX what do you think its worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an IX what do you think its worth?

Found an IX on the outskirts of town. It's a 1990, Manual, 144K Four door. It has the ski pass rear seat. It has been resprayed, not the original color. Looks a little too orange. All the trim was painted in the process, and the interior surrounds for all the window switches are the same color. The car is pretty clean though. What would you pay for it?

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

I hope it's the picture that makes it look pink.

Not bad, I think. Needs some love though, and black trim!!
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

it definitely looks pink. Is it being sold by an individual or "wilsons used cars"?

Comment

Its being sold by the guy that owns the lot, he has it at his house.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

For $2800, I think it's definitely worth a closer look.
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

i would offer him $2000 for it.

Comment

First thing i would do is make sure, the all wheel drive is working properly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsports View Post
                First thing i would do is make sure, the all wheel drive is working properly.
                Yep.

If you get it, you gotta get that trim off there and make it black.
                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Sean5294 View Post
                  i would offer him $2000 for it.
                  I offered him $2000 and he said he would take $2500, and that he has another buyer interested so we will see where that goes.

I would absolutely test drive to make sure the AWD is working, and the first change in the car would be the trim.
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

That's a good price for that car, assuming everything is functional and it has no rust issues, etc. A clean manual IX will fetch $5k+ in the current market.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

only way to be shure the Viscous Coupler in the Tcase is working by not taking it apart is to jack up the ass end of the car by the rear diff with a jack with wheels on it till the rear tires are just off the ground, get in the car start it put it in to in gear let off the brakes an give it a little bit of juice, if its working right it will send power to the front wheels an pull the car along on the jack, if its shot it wont move an just spin the rears.

Edit if its working 2500 is a good price for a decent working IX
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                      X