engine flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine flush

i am thinking of doing an engine flush, what do you guys think?

wtf is and engine flush? coolant, oil?????

Comment

Originally posted by FLUTE007 View Post
      wtf is and engine flush? coolant, oil?????
      They sell this stuff at car parts places that you add to the oil BEFORE you change your oil. I've never tried it either, I'm kinda leery of it.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        They sell this stuff at car parts places that you add to the oil BEFORE you change your oil. I've never tried it either, I'm kinda leery of it.

dont do it

Comment

^says the guy who didn't know what it was. (and I thought my post wasn't very helpful!)
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

yeah coolant or oil. For oil just put half a quart of ATF and half a quart of diesel or kerosene into the engine an run for 5-10 mins before you change the oil.

coolant drain the antifreeze an refill with water an run, drain, repeat as nessary till you have clean h20 drain out. then refill with fresh coolant.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

ive been a tech for 10 years, ive never dona an "engine flush" , i just dont think it will do any good, you may as well get the car screaming hot going down the road and change the oil. engine flush = gay.

Comment

Ha we were talking about engine flush's at work today. Some guy's 740i motor crapped out on him after he got the Tire Kingdom "engine flush package'. They added junk, then flushed 3.5 quarts.

The engine was destroyed before it left the parking lot. but the guy drove it 60 miles like that anyway. By the time it got to us it made for an entertaining afternoon.

Running solvent in the engine oil to de-gunk the engine is a good thing. I havent done it on any of my personal cars, but that's because I do all of the routine maintenance. If the oil hasnt been changed in 30,000 miles (often the case with BMW's service schedule) running solvent through the system to break it up really helps.

Comment

ive been a tech for 10 years, ive never dona an "engine flush" , i just dont think it will do any good, you may as well get the car screaming hot going down the road and change the oil. engine flush = gay.
                  You definitely sound like a tech I wouldn't want touching anything I own.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                    You definitely sound like a tech I wouldn't want touching anything I own.

why is that?

Comment

Do not do an engine flush, BMW's have very fine screens on the oil pick up (compared to jap and american engines.) The screens get clogged by the "sludge" that the flush breaks up. I was warned of this by a master mechanic that's been working on BMW's before e30's were produced.
                      m106 1990 e30
                      e36 daily
                      e32 cruiser

Comment

Every mechanic I have ever asked about this has told me this would be a very bad thing. Engines always seem to eat themselve soon after. Its not a good thing to unsettle all of the crap and really get it mixing around. You DO NOT want all of that unsettled shit bouncing around your engine.
                        1987 325is - sold
                        2001 330i - New DD

Comment

why is that?
                          im assuming because of your rationalization there.... "get the engine screaming hot" ----doesnt that cause problems? lol
                          m106 1990 e30
                          e36 daily
                          e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                            im assuming because of your rationalization there.... "get the engine screaming hot" ----doesnt that cause problems? lol

by screaming hot i mean, cruise it at 70 to 80ish for a couple miles to get the oil to operating temp. dont mean to overheat or punish car.

Comment

Flushing an engine can be a good news / bad news thing.

I've been a BMW tech since 1980, I do flush engines often with a flush from Petrospecs (BG), however it would give me pause to flush an engine that was severely sludged up.

Comment

Working...
                              X