Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am officially crazy! - Now with more craziness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to add e30 pedals...

MS paint masterpiece engineering drawing. *not to scale*

Last edited by backtrail69; 05-13-2008, 07:44 PM. Reason: add killer picture
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

hahahhahaha..... nice drawing ;) Yes, that would be sick.

Comment

I saw the pic and read the first post, skipped the other 12 pages. James, you are the fucking man. I've always wanted to build a setup with a chair, wheel & pedals, and a sick TV. I must now add a dash.

Comment

I don't think there will be much extra wear on the logitech wheel motors - they are made to fight the leverage a human exerts on the wheel so I'm sure they can withstand a few ounces of inertia.

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
          You need to add e30 pedals...

MS paint masterpiece engineering drawing. *not to scale*

IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/gallery/files/1/0/8/2/5/pedal_idea.jpg[/IMG]
          That would be awesome - not sure about the application of those blueprints lol - but using e30 pedals is a must.

Use some springs too so everything has decent weight and feel to it.
          Brian
          89 M3 2.5 - 91 318iS - 91 325iX - 06 X5 4.8iS - 03 525i Touring - Some 91 850s, and a few parts cars...

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            The Tachometer is interfaced via a simconbase

And the horn, ebrake etc, are ran through a series of relays (to turn on lights and such) and also interfaced with a I-PAC VE
            http://www.ultimarc.com/ipacve.html
            thanks - those sites are giving me all sorts of ideas lol
            Brian
            89 M3 2.5 - 91 318iS - 91 325iX - 06 X5 4.8iS - 03 525i Touring - Some 91 850s, and a few parts cars...

Comment

where is the passenger supposed to sit?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

James.........I want to be you when I grow up.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I WANT TO SEE IT IN ACTION!!!!! i don't hate you enought yet
                  No more e30s for me.
                  88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                  88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]
                  86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I want one i want one

Comment

Looks like James is getting a little bit of attention from the gaming community. There was a link on Kotaku (kotaku.com) to a site that did a small article on the simulator.

The cockpit of many modern cars may make the driver feel like they're in a video game, what with drive-by-wire steering, floppy-paddle gearboxes, and an array of electronic nannies. But what about a video game that makes you feel like you're in a real car? Thats what one Bimmerphile over at r3vlimited was apparently…

My favorite comment ""Admirable ingenuity but I'd be more impressed if he bought an actual E30 BMW and learned how do drive for real. "

Better get on that James!! Wouldn't want to upset your fanbase!

Comment

Originally posted by DC12k View Post
                        Looks like James is getting a little bit of attention from the gaming community. There was a link on Kotaku (kotaku.com) to a site that did a small article on the simulator.

The cockpit of many modern cars may make the driver feel like they're in a video game, what with drive-by-wire steering, floppy-paddle gearboxes, and an array of electronic nannies. But what about a video game that makes you feel like you're in a real car? Thats what one Bimmerphile over at r3vlimited was apparently…

My favorite comment ""Admirable ingenuity but I'd be more impressed if he bought an actual E30 BMW and learned how do drive for real. "

Better get on that James!! Wouldn't want to upset your fanbase!

Nice. Look at all those jealous people.
                        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                          Nice. Look at all those jealous people.

And look at the 29 guests that are looking in on this thread too... :D