Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R3vlimited vs. E30tech vs. bimmerforums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
    Those pics don't look like San Diego, are you in L.A.??
    If you're talking to me, yeah I'm in L.A. Actually, I'm in Redondo Beach. I dig this site cause there's a bunch of people from Socal. I'm gonna be needing an inexpensive, quality paint job soon if anyone knows of anything ;)

This thread is out of control. I'm glad I started it!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998634

Time to put the internet into an infinite loop.

-Charlie
      Is this a while loop? Or a For loop? Or a Continuous loop?

This thread is hilarious.

For e36's my father has one (1997 M3) and its been a great car but it only has 73kmiles on it lol. I feel like its a nice car and everything and i like the brakes over my car but id still take a modded e30 over almost any e36 to drive aggressively.

I feel like e36's are easier to drive fast but the limit is hard to feel. E30's tell you exactly where your at all the time and at or over the limit i feel more in control of my e30. idk my 2c
      -Chris

Comment

i agree
        need or want stickers let me know and well work somthing out! http://www.myspace.com/anpvehicletattoos

Comment

Originally posted by 3E0panda View Post
          i agree
          Post of the year nominee right here.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 3E0panda
            i agree

Yep.
            '74 2002 - Build blog at
            nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt View Post

Comment

lol

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                  Forums suck. Every last one of them.
                  +1
                  I still like you guys though.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                    Plus it might be bad because my piece of shit e36 might break down and then I am screwed!

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    I see what you did there.

teehee
                    Last edited by alpinweiB; 05-08-2008, 11:25 PM.
                    what exactly is sigworthy

Comment

The End
                      '74 2002 - Build blog at
                      nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by dandingo View Post
                        So can someone enlighten me as to the difference of the three??
                        Don't limit yourself to just r3v, E30tech, and BF. There's also the granddaddy of all E30 forums: The BMW E30 Network ("BEN").

BEN is an older crowd who's more into restoration and maintenance of street cars as opposed to modding and track events. These days it's much, much quieter than it used to be; lot's of guys have been turned off by it's old-fashioned tree format. Still, lot's of great info there if you poke around a bit.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                          Don't be mad that the e36 M3 is a better car.
                          Better than what? Certainly not better than a real M3. Give me an E30 M3 any day ... especially if the E36 "M3" we're talking about is a US model.

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                          Come on man. I love the e30 but the e36 is a better car.
                          Meh. All depends on how you define "better." I bought my E30 new back in 1991 and I bought my E36 new back in 1999. The E36 is a better daily driver and the rear suspension makes it more stable in high-speed corners. The E30 is more fun, easier to rotate, and takes much more skill to drive hard. That's why I've kept the E30 and got rid of the E36 years ago. Simply no magic to that car.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          The oil pump nut is very real, for someone that wants to pretend to be a club racer, I'm surprised you're not more familiar.
                          I must admit, it is a bit hard to take someone seriously when they're running in the B-group but have their car painted up like a club racer and trailer it to events 10 miles from home. I've had a few students like that over the years and they tend to be the scary ones.

I don't know dinanm3atl at all. Maybe he's a great driver. But that pic in his sig always makes me smile.
                          sigpic
                          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Having been around forums for a long time it seems that the more things change the more they stay the same. Change is good. People sell their cars and move on. There is always a different group of owners who already know everything, who are rude and disrespectful, and those that will never be happy with ANYTHING.

All forums have something to offer to a person with an open mind and who is willing to listen to differing opinions and make an informed decision. Like in life there are people who only take what they want, and those that give to others what they need. Everyone has an agenda of some sort, the difference is how one goes about it.

This forum/group was recommended by a client and another long time supporter and enthusiast. It has been a slow process of getting involved.

So far it has been informative and entertaining as most forums are.
                            As a 25 year owner of BMW's (Neu Klasse, 02's, E21's, E30's, E23 Factory Turbo's, L7) alot has been seen and learned. What has been learned is that just because someone owns a particular model of BMW it does not mean that they are an enthusiast or own it for the same reasons that we do.
                            Having worked on all models (3's, 5's, 6's, 7's of all series) they each have their own merits and provide different things to different owners. Like all old cars, they are not much fun to drive unless they are upgraded to take advantage of current manufacturing and technology.

By meeting some of the young guys on this forum here locally they bring a modern interpretation to what an enthusiast is. We will continue to learn from each other and they will get the benefit of all those years of experience.
                            (and yes anyone UNDER 30 years old is a KID, whether you like it or not). Some are more respectful of others/elders and are treated as adults, not children.

If someone wishes to get something out of a relationship, then by contributing to it they will get something in return. Same here on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by A.LACK View Post
                              The E36 was the result of an E30 with a 21st chromosome.
                              It's been a while since anything on an internet forum has really made me laugh, but that my friend, is snort-out-your-boogars-on-your-desk funny.
                              Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
                              86 944 Turbo
                              87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
                              89 405 Mi16
                              89 Milano Verde
                              89 Mondial t Coupe
                              92 300D

Comment

Originally posted by CntrlcoastE30's View Post
                                Having been around forums for a long time it seems that the more things change the more they stay the same. Change is good. People sell their cars and move on. There is always a different group of owners who already know everything, who are rude and disrespectful, and those that will never be happy with ANYTHING.

All forums have something to offer to a person with an open mind and who is willing to listen to differing opinions and make an informed decision. Like in life there are people who only take what they want, and those that give to others what they need. Everyone has an agenda of some sort, the difference is how one goes about it.

This forum/group was recommended by a client and another long time supporter and enthusiast. It has been a slow process of getting involved.

So far it has been informative and entertaining as most forums are.
                                As a 25 year owner of BMW's (Neu Klasse, 02's, E21's, E30's, E23 Factory Turbo's, L7) alot has been seen and learned. What has been learned is that just because someone owns a particular model of BMW it does not mean that they are an enthusiast or own it for the same reasons that we do.
                                Having worked on all models (3's, 5's, 6's, 7's of all series) they each have their own merits and provide different things to different owners. Like all old cars, they are not much fun to drive unless they are upgraded to take advantage of current manufacturing and technology.

By meeting some of the young guys on this forum here locally they bring a modern interpretation to what an enthusiast is. We will continue to learn from each other and they will get the benefit of all those years of experience.
                                (and yes anyone UNDER 30 years old is a KID, whether you like it or not). Some are more respectful of others/elders and are treated as adults, not children.

If someone wishes to get something out of a relationship, then by contributing to it they will get something in return. Same here on this forum.
                                Well put, my old friend.

:mrgreen:
                                Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                                That Guy.
                                03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X