Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R3vlimited vs. E30tech vs. bimmerforums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
    BFC I cannot comment on as I'm not a member, nor plan to be (reminds me of DTMPower)

e30tech..well.. my main issue is the lack of care given by the site owners to the community/site..

my at least
    I've been a member here for quite a while, in fact since Jordan first launched this site as e30sport closed its doors. And have only been a member at e30tech i guess for only a few months.

As far as e30tech's site owners having a lack of care for the community/site, my experience has been the exact opposite. I rather enjoy all of the news worthy automotive threads started by Chris in the general section. And have also appreciated all of the IE parts group buys that Chris has arranged for the community. Not to mention that he himself is a very involved part on the shipping of a dinan e30 turbo i purchased about a month ago, and is directly taking on the transplant into my e30. And we havent even met yet.

As far as my input on both sites goes.... I see them as two great sources and frequent them both on a daily basis. And yes sometimes i post in one forum thinking i'm posting in the other.... oh well. When i cant get any tech questions answered here, i get two pages of useful responses there, and vise versa.

As far as bimmerforums.... its what you'd expect from a site that covers almost all areas of BMW following.

Dave
    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
      fixed
      No you didn't...

M3 has reinforced chassis points, better front sway bar attachment, different suspension, different diff rations, standard LSD and the list goes on and on. Yes the engine is a bored/stroked m50/m52 but there is much more past that.

Nice try though ;)

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      I have 127k on my e36, and both have failed. It's a '98, definetly a "later" model.

This doesn't answer the abysmal interior materials used, and the abundance of junk sensors and electronics that are prevalent throughout. It also doesn't explain the shitty radiators, junk cat. convertors, PCVs and other "break and strand you" parts. Mechanically, my e36 has been great, electronically, it's awful.

-Charlie
      Wow cool? On your 318ti which is a known piece of shit?

My interior is perfect, well until removed. The early model e36 had a problem with delamination of the door panels. That was resolved in the late model e36. Go look at most 96+ e36 and they don't have the door panel problems. This may not be the case for the 318ti since it is an e30 basically with 5 lug swap so maybe that is the problem?

Shitty radiators? They have been using the same behr style radiators since the e30/e28 and people have radiator failures of the e30 as well. So do e28's and they have failing water pumps that grenade everything. e39 has failing radiators and I bet it will continue to be like that. Plastic end caps will do that.

Junk cats? Wtf are you talking about? Do you have any factual proof of this past yours failed(which I am sure is why you are angry).

Please list their break and strand items that don't fail on the e30, or any other BMWs for that matter.

Also if you don't mind please add the junk sensors and electronics that were added that cause problems? There isn't THAT much more than an obd2 e36 m50 has than the 89 325iS does not.

Back to the discussion :hitler:

Comment

Also you can't really knock bimmerforums. Try your local regional sections. Those are normally the most active and you can meet up with lots of local people. Sometimes hard on just a single car make board. If your in Georgia and not on bf.c GA Section you need to join the cult!

With that being said we did have a nice turn out for an Atlanta E30 meet.

Comment

I sense butthurtz in this tred

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Having owned plenty of both...

The E36 is a GREAT car. FAR better than most. I would prefer to DD an E36, but for a weekend drive, you can bet that I will be eyeing my 335 or my M3
            Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
            That Guy.
            03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
              Junk cats? Wtf are you talking about? Do you have any factual proof of this past yours failed(which I am sure is why you are angry).
              Well, there's that whole "BMW Issued recall and warranty extension" on all M42 & M44 cats with the E36s. They all fail. It's a junk part.

My OEM E30 radiator lasted 15 years before it was replaced - no issues. My E36 unit? 6. Everyone I know with an e36 has been through at least 2 radiators in their ownership, average life span is 4 years. Plastic impeller waterpumps anyone? Oil pump nut? Rear e36 subframes?

You seem to be *really* sensitive about this, it seems like the metrosexual queers over on Bimmerforums are more your speed. You might want to hang out over there.

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

As long as there are no black people, IE: people that aren't white, we should be okay

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Parody post ITT

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I only go on BF.c to read the kill stories, they're too funny, and welcome

Comment

So do I get nominated for Thread of the Year?

Comment

Originally posted by dandingo View Post
                        I see no bestiality, recto-sigmoid vaginoplasty or chubby topless confused lesbians, so no, not yet.

-Charlie
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

Comment

Lest anyone think I'm actually ragging on e36s, keep in mind that I've been in the e36 "community" for over 7 years now, this thing is a long term DD, I love the car, just not all the niggling shit that shouldn't be breaking.

-Charlie
                          FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                            r3v: if you like beastiality and/or 24v swaps
                            e30tech: reserved to west virginian inbreds who enjoy turbocharging cars from the 80s
                            BF.C: if you love your new fucking haircut and drive an e36 m3.

/thread
                            So... just because im a member of all those forums but BF, I have a 24v turbo E30?

*shrugs* I'm actually doing that right now so lol.

Comment

You'd need to post pics grabbing you junk or a DIY spraypaint engine rebuild.

Comment

I've never drifted. I'm an old school hot rodder and just got into these. Looks like it could be fun, though. I really want to find a small track a new guy can have some fun just driving fast. Is there anything like that in Socal?
                                Think of the M5x motors as the SBC of the BMW world, and you'll pick up pretty quickly.

-Charlie
                                FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                                X