*Newbie Here With My Free e30 Toy*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Newbie Here With My Free e30 Toy*

Iv'e been on a few different forums for e30's. I saw this one and it seemed to have alot of info I needed to eventually do a swap. Iv'e got an 85' 325e that I would like to have fun with. It is my son's but he's only 15 and won't be driving until he's like 17 or 18.
    -Tell me what you think;
    Heres the ride:

...another view:

Homemade CAI, recently removed the plastic cover to get fresh air, sounds beefier too:

Nice car, it looks clean on the pics. And is free thas a good deal congrats!!

Comment

Take out the shield behind drivers side headlights, cooler air will flow over that intake

Comment

Originally posted by BBY1104 View Post
        Take out the shield behind drivers side headlights, cooler air will flow over that intake
        I think that's what he just said on his post
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Looks like a clean start. Welcome aboard.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

welcome an that car is nice example.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              I think that's what he just said on his post
              I didnt see that line, what skirts and wing are those?

Comment

Sweet car and welcome to the forum. Make sure if you're going to give it to your son, that you get him to help. That's one of my biggest pet peeves, when a car is built for someone and hiben to them. They will have no pride or love for the car is they don't help with the progression.

Once again, welcome.

E30_Fiend
                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Welcome.

Looks like a nice example of an E30.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

nice now slam it

Comment

+1 drop it
                      Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                      http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Start with drifting and go from there...
                        Not that I care, of course.

Comment

History of this e30: Free from my older bro who know's nothing about playing with cars so he gave it to my son. So far I'm working on it and alot of the things I put in there I got for free: Beige seats with no tears, Kenwood CD player with 6.5 speakers, CAI, just to name a few.

I am slowly showing my son how to have pride in working on his ride. It's just this new generation is so darn "Techno" spoiled, lazy and with no sense of how to work for anything. They always want, want, and want.

* The side skirts and wing came from an old Zender kit. This kit is over 15 years old, but does justice.

Not sure I want to drop it just yet, I'm getting to old for that stuff and hate the bouncing around like a bobble head. I owned a 71' Datsun 510 that was so much fun back when I was 17 years old.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Comment

IMHO, E30s are the best first car you could ever own. Just the right amount of power and handling, and most come in 5-spd with LSD in the rear. Doesn't get much better than that.

1989 Cadillac Brougham BLOWN UP
                            2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE SOLD
                            1987 Schwarz 325i 107k SOLD
                            1984.5 Volvo 242 Ti ABANDONED
                            1999 Fern Green M3 SOLD
                            1991 RT4WD Civic Wagon WINTERWAGEN
                            2004 Audi A4Q 3.0 WIFEY'S
                            2009 BMW 135i SOLD
                            2008 BMW 135i MINE
                            Originally posted by JGood
                            anyone who pays $200 for a tank that refills oil instead of just fixing your oil leak, needs their head examined.

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                              History of this e30: Free from my older bro who know's nothing about playing with cars so he gave it to my son. So far I'm working on it and alot of the things I put in there I got for free: Beige seats with no tears, Kenwood CD player with 6.5 speakers, CAI, just to name a few.

I am slowly showing my son how to have pride in working on his ride. It's just this new generation is so darn "Techno" spoiled, lazy and with no sense of how to work for anything. They always want, want, and want.

* The side skirts and wing came from an old Zender kit. This kit is over 15 years old, but does justice.

Not sure I want to drop it just yet, I'm getting to old for that stuff and hate the bouncing around like a bobble head. I owned a 71' Datsun 510 that was so much fun back when I was 17 years old.

Thanks for the warm welcome
                              Welcome to R3V! I agree 100% with your assessment of this generation.

You can drop the car and have a ride that's as good or better than stock. It's all in the components you choose. For a ride comparable to stock, only lower you can use BavAuto or Eibach with any stock replacement dampers. Most people will tell you those are too soft, but consider the source. The average age on this board is ~20.

For a firmer, controlled ride with no harshness I'd do the H&R sport/bilstein sport combo. 20% firmer than stock but very plush compared to H&R race springs or comparable. I've owned Eibachs, Bavauto, and H&R sport and wouldn't do anything but the H&R's for a daily driven car.

Tim

PS There are a few of us older guys on this board, older being a relative term.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Working...
                              X