BMW M1 confirmed for production

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    You're telling me you wouldnt like to see a badass all motor I6 car?
    In a mid-engined body that big, I'd be okay with an all-motor V12, but if it's an I-6, I'd like to see a nice big turbo. I think it's a brilliant idea as well. I-6 turbo: very fuel efficient when you stay out of boost, very responsive to sudden throttle movement, very torquey, and incredible peak power. I'll bet if BMW designed it with a 3.x liter I-6 turbo, they could easily design it to have 600hp and 600lb-ft of torque. The real challenge for them would be making such a motor pass emmissions, but BMW has been a long-time innovator of automotive technology, so I beleive they could find a way of doing it.

    Leave a comment:


  • silversleeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    As for the engine i would like to see them bring in a M spec 6L v12 with like 650-700 hp oh yeh!

    I will be shitted off if they don't put a clutch and gearshift in as standard, fu*k the lasy a$$ sequentual or padel im not a F*#KEN fairy!!! Drive a car like a man!
    +1

    and +20000

    I hate SMG, only because I get bored driving it. There is a performance benefit, but I'd rather have the slower, traditional gearbox.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    Lets not forget its a concept. Its still got to be approved by the road transport athority.

    Then there is BMWs latest commercial in Australia where they state that they are trying to get more power with less fuel consumption, and i can tell you now the way that thing is design it wont be doing that moto any justice.

    They still have hours to spend in the wind tunnel developing an aero dynamic body.

    As for the engine i would like to see them bring in a M spec 6L v12 with like 650-700 hp oh yeh!

    I will be shitted off if they don't put a clutch and gearshift in as standard, fu*k the lasy a$$ sequentual or padel im not a F*#KEN fairy!!! Drive a car like a man!

    Leave a comment:


  • silversleeper
    replied
    that thing is ugly. there is no heritage behind that god awful creation, just something designed to hopefully appeal to the mass market.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    You're telling me you wouldnt like to see a badass all motor I6 car?

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    It winked at me!

    From cars to motorcycles, Jalopnik is your go-to site covering everything with an engine—including automotive news, buying guides, and expert commentary from our staff.

    Leave a comment:


  • E-Thirty
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    NO turbo... ALL motor!

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    NO turbo... ALL motor!

    EDIT: i enjoy'd the double roundels in the back.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiftbmw
    replied
    Word, the wheels are sick. This car has serious potential to be awesome, depending on how a few things are done in the actual production version.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Emblem placement?? Read up, people!!! I think the rims are awesome and do a GREAT justice to the original ///M1's design. Fucking newbs.


    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    You can see Italian designing in it. Im liking it. I just wish they did a 700hp Inline 6 in it.

    PS. love the wheels. they look so beastly.
    Maybe a version of the 335i motor, but with a big single turbo instead of two small snails.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    You can see Italian designing in it. Im liking it. I just wish they did a 700hp Inline 6 in it.

    PS. love the wheels. they look so beastly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Larry e30
    replied
    Has anyone seen the new pictures yet?
    "Our two new illustrations show how the sports car might look when it reaches production. We've given the M1 a normal rear window, some more modern wheels, a revised front fascia (to meet regulations), and a few less complicated lines."
    -Herbert Diess

    Last edited by Larry e30; 06-09-2008, 06:02 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    I like it alot. Attractive lines and a stand-out color. I'm not crazy about the wheels though. And I think the emblem on the back should be in the center. The venetian blinds, and the tiny sideview mirrors are sexy, but I doubt they'll make it to production.

    Leave a comment:

Working...