BMW M1 confirmed for production

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • speedhop
    replied
    I'm not liking the concept at all. Imo the r8 looks much better. I'm assuming they'll change the design a multitude of times before releasing it to the public...I hope.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Fuck. Yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30/M30
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    almost, it will probably come with a manual ;)
    I wonder if Merc will jump on the bandwaggon too ?

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by E30/M30
    Is this supposed to be an Audi R8 rival ?
    almost, it will probably come with a manual ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by dgdavidson
    "Although the M1 Hommage concept has a strong connection to the M1 BMW produced between 1978 and 1981, the road-going version of the concept will not wear the M1 nameplate."
    I bet it does "end up wearing the M1 nameplate" no matter what they say right now.

    Personally, I think it is a beautiful car, but yeah, nothing like the original.


    Nothing is ever like the Original.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30/M30
    replied
    Is this supposed to be an Audi R8 rival ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dgdavidson
    replied
    "Although the M1 Hommage concept has a strong connection to the M1 BMW produced between 1978 and 1981, the road-going version of the concept will not wear the M1 nameplate."

    Leave a comment:


  • thull
    replied
    They'll change it in the time before production, just like the Z9 was a concept before the 6 series came out.

    I do like the idea of a mid-engined BMW, they have always built benchmark vehicles and I'm sure this will be no different. My guess is they will reserve the twin turbo V10 M engine for the top model and offer the run-of-the-mill BMW turbo I6 and V8 in the other two.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mulholland
    replied
    well of course cars don't actually mate to produce new cars you fool. Imagination, get some.

    Seriously though... that concept should have been scrapped. That making it into full production is probably about as likely as e36 m3's ever becoming as desirable as e30 m3's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Thats a bit of a stretch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mulholland
    replied
    oh hell yeah, don't get me wrong. but that thing... it's like a lambo got drunk and then an nailed an e36 but the e36 forgot to take its pill, and then had a self righteous "no, I'm catholic, I'm keeping it" breakdown.

    Leave a comment:


  • BBY1104
    Guest replied
    yea, the original m1 was truely remarkable

    Leave a comment:


  • Mulholland
    replied
    that isn't BMW getting ballsy, that's BMW getting more assy, something I was unaware they had enough engineers to accomplish... but they never cease to amaze.

    Leave a comment:


  • motorsports_3
    replied
    Im all for it. It is about time BMW gets Ballsy again. They lost a lot of balls in the 90's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mulholland
    replied
    it's no e30

    Leave a comment:

Working...