Rear Seat Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Seat Removal

Hey I'm new, nice forum. I own a 1987 325is. How do i remove the rear seat? I am trying work on the rear speaker wires. Ive got the bottom part out but cant figure out how to get the backrest free, and yes i did search.
    1987 325is - sold
    2001 330i - New DD

On the far edges of it there are metal brackets that bolt into the side. There hard to see because they might be covered up with the side thing. Look around the bottom on the edges and you will see them.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Re: Rear Seat Removal

Originally posted by Apex381
      Hey I'm new, nice forum. I own a 1987 325is. How do i remove the rear seat? I am trying work on the rear speaker wires. Ive got the bottom part out but cant figure out how to get the backrest free, and yes i did search.
      push up hard and it will pop out.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

the side pannels have little flaps that will cover the a 10mm bolt head (one on each side).... just remove those two and then slide the seat back straight up

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Thx ppl
          1987 325is - sold
          2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Originally posted by Apex381
            Thx ppl
            You're welcome!! :D :D

Comment

Thanks from me to... :)
              i poped the botompart out and got the screws out.. but i was trying to pull forward..

this place is full of cool, helpfull stuff.. hehe..
              i go pull my seats out now..

Comment

Also, on Cabrio's the two bolts are in the middle, not on the side.

Comment

Working...
                X