*e36 content* Bought some MHW tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*e36 content* Bought some MHW tail lights

Got a gift certificate on my birthday this saturday, for a local car parts dealer.

Decided to take a look yesterday, and found these smoked ones for 499 kr.
    That´s about 82$... :p

Before :

After :

They sure look good on a diamond black car.

Now all (:roll:) that´s missing is smoked fronts, sides, M front bumper with fogs, and some nice wheels. Not necesserily in that order.

Good first mod .

Now paint those rockers . :p

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Yeah, I know. Been meaning to fix that for a while, but I´ve been to lazy about it. I´m probably just going to slap on some M twisties. They show up on adds here every once and a while.

Comment

You live in Sweeden, the only country where faking an e36 ///M3 with aero bits is allowed due to extreme fines for modifications.

Comment

Yepp, somewhat true. All cars after ´98 are illegal to modify. All parts on the car has to be approved from the original manufacturer. All but brand new cars have a yearly inspection by a state owned bureau to check for safety and emissions.

Cars before ´98 can be modified slightly. Wheels can´t be extended outside the arches and stuff like that. Bodykits are mostly allowed, but not allway. For example some standard wings that cars were sold with are illegal, like on the supra and some subarus.

There are lot of loopholes if you look closely though. Like I can actually put a rb25det in my E30, if i beef up the suspension and brakes. Ordinarily that would require some kind of approvement from the manufacturer, but it´s not needed for my car, because it was sold without a catalytic converter in ´86, and if i put in another engine with a cat, those requirements are waived.

Sorry for the long rant, but I was on a roll there..:-?

Comment

That's one sweet fuckin' loophole. I wish we could get away with that in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              That's one sweet fuckin' loophole. I wish we could get away with that in California.

You can move...

Comment

Wow, I think that is the first time I have actually seen a set of MHW's for an E36. They look quite good.
                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

As an e36 guy, not sure what's so special about these tail lights? I get there smoked and all but what am I missing? Some one care to fill me in?
                  1985 BMW 325e
                  1997 BMW M3/4/5
                  2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Working...
                  X