Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 M3 CSL confirmed: 470HP

Yummy Yummy:

BMW is working on a follow up to the E46 CSL, applying the same approach to an E90 chassis. Like its predecessor, the 2010 BMW M3 CSL will drop standard equipment for weight savings and boost power. More details after the jump.

Comment

No A/C? No Radio? 140K?

I'll take a new ZR1 instead:

UPDATE:Read the official Jalopnik 2009 Corvette ZR1 test drive! This is it. The speculation, rumors and half-truths can now be set aside — this is the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, officially revealed for all the world to see. Powered by a supercharged LS9 6.2L small-block engine, the ZR1 hasn't even received an…
      sigpic
      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
      Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
        No A/C? No Radio? 140K?

http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit-aut...lly-334923.php

not 1 of 100...
        Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
          No A/C? No Radio? 140K?

http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit-aut...lly-334923.php
          X2

The new m3 itself is overpriced, when you can buy a Z06 that destroys it in every aspect except luxury/comfort.

But $143K for 470hp??? What a fucking rip off. Not worth it at all. I'd much rather get a 997 Turbo and throw the extra into suspension and turbo mods.

Bottom line is that BMWs have, and always be over priced performance wise.
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^ and when you take out the luxury aspect (which this car is doing) it makes it even less appealing.

It's a nice car, but that price is pretty high up there... I'll wait for the GTR v-spec.

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
              It's a nice car, but that price is pretty high up there... I'll wait for the GTR v-spec.
              haha I'll wait until I have the money to afford these type of cars. I can barely afford an E30 M3, and am dreading any maintenance that requires parts I can't scavenge. *knock on wood*
              sigpic89 M3

Comment

Funny thing is when everyone gets bored with the current M3 the CSL will open up a whole new set of doors. Think of all the knockoff CSL parts you can buy for the E46.

Comment

Why does it always come down to hp / dollar? Maybe it's just me, but if you simplify it that much you are definitely missing the point.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                    Why does it always come down to hp / dollar? Maybe it's just me, but if you simplify it that much you are definitely missing the point.
                    x2.
                    Thats some real insight.

Comment

why does it always come down to hp / dollar? Maybe it's just me, but if you simplify it that much you are definitely missing the point.
                      x1231873489516786423418902
                      Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Comment

Yes.........just....yes.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Yes, but no. Not in this case at least.

The "pure spirit" and "driving pleasure" of a CSL at that price is ridiculous. I will agree that certain cars inspire a lot more fun than others, but to buy this M3 CSL you would have to be part of some sort of BMW cult.

For $140k, you can buy a car (not necessarily a ZR1, which is all numbers) that will easily give you a lot more than an M3 without a radio, a/c and 50 extra hp will.
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

If what jalopnik says is true, there will be a run of 100 cars. Thats it.

Anyway, why do we care, we'll never see one in the states.

Comment

Here's a wild idea as to why there's only 100 cars... ALMS homologation requirements? Just shooting in the dark here, but bear with me. The old Merc CLK DTM street car was sold in lots of around 100, and was a homologation special, admittedly for a different race series, so this isn't without precedence.

As to the price difference, since they're only making 100 they can jack the price up. I'm sure that with some cam, chip, exhaust and intake shenanigans you can get 470hp for cheaper than the $90k difference. You can also remove the a/c and stereo yourself easily enough.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X