New guy here :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy here :-)

Whats up people...been lurking around here for the past 2 weeks or so, doing lots of reading and stuff before posting up....

The name's Matt, from out in the Long Island area...just picked up an 88 325is as my daily. I also have an '07 E90 335i as my weekend car, but with gas prices Ive been keeping her in the garage lol

I picked this gem up with 218k on the clock. My friend at my former job (worked for BMW) had this forsale, so after my last beater bit the dust, I was eager to take it off his hands.

2 miles into driving it to work the next day..the odometer gears break..figures lol.

Its got a fresh engine out of an 89 or 90 'vert that had 59k on it (old one ate a rod due to previous owner). He did all the maintenance stuff, front seal (but neglected to do the back..so its a leaker), new brakes all around, Z4 shifter, new muffler, all BMW parts (he works in parts so he got everything cheapo lol). The seats have no tears, everything works more or less (the multifunction cluster next to the radio is shot, getting a new circuit board for that next week), fixing the brake lining light thats always on, new fuel tank sender and resolder the back of the cluster to fix my twitching gauges. Got a new compressor for the A/C, just havent had time at the shop to put it in (been really busy due to racing season)

I just put a fan clutch in the day after I got it, so other than that..shes turn key and drive...

First things to be fixed:
    - new brake lines (218k on the stockers..yikes :shock:)
    - new struts and new tie rod ends
    - get a new oil cooler...someone tried to jack up the car from the front and bent it

but other than that...here are some pics...

the pics are from when I first got the car too btw...yes I put a roundel on the back already lol.

Comment

Welcome, nice looking car you got there.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

beauty, absolute beauty

Miss my 88iS a little.

Comment

some shots of my other car

and a shot of where I work.....enough turbos to make your head spin...

Comment

wow i think thats the fastest I ever seen a reply!!! LOL

Comment

Nice E30 man, I think I spoke to you the other night. I had no idea you worked at a Porsche shop, that must be really nice. I've actually got a local friend who has quite the collection of Porsche ex-racers, including two Lowenbrau 962's, a McLaren-Porsche MP4/3, Jagermeister 934, Mark Donohue's 917/30, and many others. I can't imagine being lucky enough to work on those sorts of cars on a daily basis.
              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
              E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                Nice E30 man, I think I spoke to you the other night. I had no idea you worked at a Porsche shop, that must be really nice. I've actually got a local friend who has quite the collection of Porsche ex-racers, including two Lowenbrau 962's, a McLaren-Porsche MP4/3, Jagermeister 934, Mark Donohue's 917/30, and many others. I can't imagine being lucky enough to work on those sorts of cars on a daily basis.
                ya i remember you lol. Its not bad to work on them on a daily basis...just finished up an all-motor build 3.8L 9600rpm screamer for a car that weighs about 2200lbs with me in it.

Other than that, I got turbo engine just about ready to be dropped into the shop race car to be tuned and set up, then shipped down to GA for a dude that has a 993. Random projects here and there around the shop..

Comment

that green 964 on the left is an actual factory Porsche color..was only offered in Europe I think. We converted it to twin turbo..made 640ish on the dyno the last time around before the turbos huffed themselves...

Comment

any chance is this porsche shop, Porsche spoken here or what ever the name is in west babylon?

Comment

nice pickup man. e90 is dope as well. Welcome!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

e30 is nice. plus that shop is sick.

Comment

Originally posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
                          some shots of my other car

and a shot of where I work.....enough turbos to make your head spin...

this tells you something about porsche...this guy works on them all day....and chooses a bmw over a porsche he knows whats good
                          -His-
                          87 e30 325i
                          87 e24 m6
                          05 e83 x3
                          94 e32 740i 5spd
                          -Hers-
                          89 e30 325i
                          18 f48 x1

Comment

very well said Cory, very well said, btw nice ride & welcome aboard!

Comment

Nice find! :)
                              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X