Need an opinion: 325is or 325i convertible

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Motorsports
    replied
    I've had both, and this is a tough one to answer. Its up to you. I loved them both, and which ever one you get trust me you'll love it.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Cabrio
    unless you're deluding yourself into thinking you have a high-performance car.
    You don't.
    hehehe

    that being said, I think coupes/sedans drive much better

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by Nic01101011
    queer
    Witty response.

    Like I said, the weight difference isn't an issue unless you're deluding yourself into thinking you have a high-performance car.

    You don't.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hartge_H27
    replied
    i have both. i drive the cabbie more than the coupe. but it all comes down to how much u will be driving with the top down.

    Leave a comment:


  • lylefk
    replied
    If you are ever down here and want to drive a cabby, shoot me a pm...you're more than welcome...it's a low-mile, clean example...

    It's posts like that ^^ that make me want a coupe less for fear of association.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    325is ftw

    325i cabbie ftp (for the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles)

    Leave a comment:


  • lylefk
    replied
    I also drive a vert...can't afford it right now, but I WILL be getting a hard top for it before next winter...at that point, it's a win-win. You and I have a similar climate, so the top won't come down as much as you'd like, but just wait for summer...

    That's what I keep telling myself anyway, but right now I keep thinking about trading it for a coupe...I just really want more power and performance...which makes a lot more sense in a coupe.

    Ask yourself these questions:

    How much will you have the top down? Is it worth the trade-off when the top is up?
    If you have the soft top, are you ok with lots of noise at all times?
    Are you ok with constantly worrying about your car getting messed with at night?
    How much do you think you'll get into the performance side of the car?

    FWIW, my vert doesn't leak either, and I'm in Seattle. Oh and get heated seats, it will add to your top down time!

    Leave a comment:


  • Collin
    replied
    I drive a vert, and I dream of owning a hard top. I'm sick of wind noise and a motor screaming in my ear.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Dont get the convertible. Not only because I hate them, but because they are softer, heavier, never look good with the top up, and completely the antithesis of anything sporty.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Originally posted by smooth
    I have a hardtop for my vert and I can't distinguish any noise when it's on from my wife's 325i. I have a windscreen for when the top is down and it's nearly as quiet as having the top up on the freeway. Combined they might be worth as much or more than the car at some point, but definitely worth it. If you have a female who will regularly ride in the car, the windscreen is a must in my opinion.
    This answer is the winnar. Cabrio +hardtop = best of both worlds.

    Leave a comment:


  • smooth
    replied
    I have a hardtop for my vert and I can't distinguish any noise when it's on from my wife's 325i. I have a windscreen for when the top is down and it's nearly as quiet as having the top up on the freeway. Combined they might be worth as much or more than the car at some point, but definitely worth it. If you have a female who will regularly ride in the car, the windscreen is a must in my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    I would prefer a 325is, but if I had a convertible then a hardtop would be a must.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    /\ +1 i would never give up my is for a vert

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Take the IS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nic01101011
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Cabrio
    These aren't high-performance race cars we're talking about. The weight difference shouldn't be a deal-breaker or even a consideration.
    queer

    Leave a comment:

Working...