Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 dome light-what do you think?

What do you think?

Just got finished modifying an E34 dome light to fit the e30. It is mounted in the shell of a check panel for secure mounting The light had to be shortened and the switches modified, but it wasn't too tough. If there's enough interest I'll post up some other pics of how I did it.

Here's installed:

Project M42 Turbo

I have a spare e34 dome somewhere in my mess...I thought about doing this but down't want to lose the check panel.

Looks nice though!

Comment

Thats a nice mod, I would totally do that.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Great work. Nice fit and finish!
        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Thanks. I just got a chance to test it at night, and it works beautifully. The map lights end up at the perfect angle so they shine right on your lap without shining into your eyes. I don't have the right bulbs yet, though, so I think they could be a bit brighter.

Deansbimmer-M42 cars don't have the check control system, so it was no great loss for me.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
            M42 cars don't have the check control system
            i did not know that. maybe because ive never owned an M42 powered e30. cool mod none the less :up:
            M Coupe

Comment

Nice! I was going to do the same but have them installed on both sides just like in the e34 ;)
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

awesome. I loved the light in my e34, and I was glad to see it made it to the 3 series in e36.

not sure if I'm willing to give up my german check panel

baller as hell though

does it go on when you open your doors
                Originally posted by blunt
                can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jean
                  Nice! I was going to do the same but have them installed on both sides just like in the e34
                  Not entirely sure what you mean here. The e34 only had a central dome light and the lights in the rear pillars. Are you talking about the lights under the sun visors?

Coldaccord, it is wired the same as in the e34, so there is a switch for each light, and each switch operates independently in one of 3 positions-on, off, and on when the door opens.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                    Not entirely sure what you mean here. The e34 only had a central dome light and the lights in the rear pillars. Are you talking about the lights under the sun visors?
                    Sorry, that's exactly what I meant, the lights under the sun visors :)
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nice work, looks great!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

so can you post up a diy or is this too old? I love it!!! I love the fact that it turns on with the doors :D

Super E30 newb

Comment

Wow, that's pretty cool. If I had a spot for a check panel I'd probably be hacking up one of my E34 spares right now. Nice work.
                          ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
                          ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

you WIN nice mod

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                            I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                            "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

DIY info please.

I just found what i'll be getting at the 'yard tomorrow.
                              '74 2002 - Build blog at
                              nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X