Diving Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diving Boards?

Anyone actually like them? At first I detested them, but now they are starting to grow on me... I can't explain it. It is some kind of DB pride? :dot:

Today I just noticed that the e30 sitting(as in dirt and spiderwebs) in my friends neighbors driveway for at least 4-5 years was an early euro e30. I shit myself then slapped myself because I never noticed it even though I pass it at least 2 times a week. I was thinking about approaching the house in an attempt to buy the bumpers and valence off it, but then I looked at my car. I couldn't do it.

Have I been whiped by diving boards... :loco:

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

I would approach him about buying the whole thing if it was in good shape..

Comment

I like my euro bumpers more than I liked the diving boards.

That said, DB's can be made to look allright. It's more an issue of there not being anything under the rear DB that can be looked at as a valence. With euros, the rear actually looks finished.

You should go ask that dude's neighbor if you can buy that car for cheap. If it's a 323i, I will give you $150 for the engine head. (and pull it myself and help you swap to euros if you want)
      Last edited by kronus; 12-06-2008, 11:40 PM.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Actually the car is completely straight. I was eyeing it from my friends lawn lol. Its alpine with a black race stripe down the center. I think at one time it was a track car. I'm not sure about the model since it was de-badged, but when I took a closer look it had all the euro spec parts that I know of. i.e. analog clock, bumpers, valence, recaro leather seats. I'll take pics of it next time I see it.

The only reason i'm not thinking about buying it is if it doesn't run. Since i'm 16 and not very mechanically savy when it comes to engines it wouldn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure it will be around for a while since it hasn't moved in so many years. I might pick it up in the future however if the owner is willing to sell.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by av91oii View Post
          Actually the car is completely straight. I was eyeing it from my friends lawn lol. Its alpine with a black race stripe down the center. I think at one time it was a track car. I'm not sure about the model since it was de-badged, but when I took a closer look it had all the euro spec parts that I know of. i.e. analog clock, bumpers, valence, recaro leather seats. I'll take pics of it next time I see it.

The only reason i'm not thinking about buying it is if it doesn't run. Since i'm 16 and not very mechanically savy when it comes to engines it wouldn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure it will be around for a while since it hasn't moved in so many years. I might pick it up in the future however if the owner is willing to sell.
          If I was you I'd buy it. I remember this old lady who lived up the road from me used to have a beautiful burgundy 1964 GTO. I'd stare at it all the time from around the age 12. Well when I got to Highschool and finally started thinking about asking it disappeared and so did the lady. The thing was sooo nice. It sat there in the same sport for years, tires went flat and I did nothing. Still regret it. My friend had his eye on a similar car but he wasn't a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and asked and what do you know; the old lady who sold him a Nova for $700 I believe. He sold it last year for around $8,700.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

That sucks. Now I don't want to miss a chance like this especially since it seems to be euro spec. I could save a lot of money and grief from trying to source individual euro parts to put on my car. I guess I'll go over and ask about the car and see whats up with it soon.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Do it.

Side note: if you can get me that head for cheap, i can trade you the valance for it or some sort of deal for that 323 head
              Last edited by Stephen; 12-07-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

But i do know what youre talking about, i think i might miss mine :/
                Last edited by Stephen; 12-07-2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Yea I hated them as well until I tucked and painted them. Now there really starting to grown on me and I think I'll just skip the plastic swap.
                  88 325is

Comment

I don't know either haha. For a second I thought they were the best bumpers in the world...

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Kristeun View Post
                      Yea I hated them as well until I tucked and painted them. Now there really starting to grown on me and I think I'll just skip the plastic swap.
                      How much did you tuck? I have about a 50% tuck.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

ever since i started looking at e30's i've always liked 89 and up just because oh the small bumpers well i got a good deal on an 87 and for months hated my big ugly bumpers and would look every day for an 88 and up but i dont know over the last few months now i've been thinking about it and i dont think i could part from my 87. for one i dont see many 87is modals where i live so it makes me feel like i drive a one in a million plus around here there are tons of 88, 89s and up. also i think the diving boards make the car look way older and personaly i think the crazy old but still really fast cars are tight! and i love the is/es front spoiler for diving boards. i think my car is beautiful now just because i took time to get used to it. i dont know i mean i guess just love your car even if it has big ugly old american bumpers i'm not saying that i think you dont but i just mean cause you can make them look sick just by doing a few little things. anyway ha as for that old ladys car dude i got my car from an old lady she bought it new and sold it to me for $2500 in perfect condition! so you never know i say buy it for a parts car more than anything but if it runs than you can just pimp two e30's thats cool too! ha. alright man later-
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course DBs can look good... Just look at my car

J/K

Comment

Hehe... I like my airdam. I think it refreshed a 24 year old DB car. Even if all the paint is gone. :(

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                              X