BMW Pop Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Pop Quiz

what do the letters ETA as in the 2.7L motor mean?
    86 325e limo
    build thread
    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=126204

Extra Terrible Acceleration.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

ETA is not an abbreviation. The 'e' in '325e' represents the greek letter 'eta', which is the symbol used for the volumetric efficiency in equations describing internal-combustion motors.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        ETA is not an abbreviation. The 'e' in '325e' represents the greek letter 'eta', which is the symbol used for the volumetric efficiency in equations describing internal-combustion motors.
        i only know what half those words mean but DING DING DING. heres your prize .
        im new to the bimmer motors and shizz. just picked up the sept issue of Total BMW from the local book store and was very happy with the 25 pages of e30 specials
        86 325e limo
        build thread

Comment

Economic Tortoise Automobile?

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
            Extra Terrible Acceleration.
            LOL!

Actually, with a chip and a 3.73 LSD, they can be decent.
            sigpic
            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Estimated Time of Arrival = After the 325i gets there. :D

Comment

rEad The fAqs
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Greek...

eta

for economy / efficiency

Edit: nevermind I see I'm late

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                    LOL!

Actually, with a chip and a 3.73 LSD, they can be decent.
                    Do you run a 3.7? hows your mpg? and where'd your first gear go?

Comment

yes im told that a chip makes a very large diff. on these. so far mines bone stock with 250k++miles with just 2 1/2" cat back. if i want outstanding estimated time of arrival i just borrow my boss's Ferrari :finger:
                      86 325e limo
                      build thread

Comment

I always tell people the "es" stands for extra slow. Well that is until they ride in the car and learn that it is not the case.

Comment

i would have some bottle caps for you Stephen but with my new dirfting addiction it looks like they are going back on the back (cheaper tires). BTW your photography is realy good. you should stamp or lock your photos though. you could be loosing alot of money
                          86 325e limo
                          build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                            Do you run a 3.7? hows your mpg? and where'd your first gear go?
                            I used to have a bavauto chip and a 3.73 on my eta before I swapped for the M30. it was quick but it really killed the top speed, went from like ~125 to 110 or 115. first gear was pretty useless

Comment

Originally posted by alpinweib30 View Post
                              i would have some bottle caps for you Stephen but with my new dirfting addiction it looks like they are going back on the back (cheaper tires). BTW your photography is realy good. you should stamp or lock your photos though. you could be loosing alot of money
                              Thanks! i really should stamp them or something

And to avoid confusion, the fund is to get me off bottlecaps ;)

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                              I used to have a bavauto chip and a 3.73 on my eta before I swapped for the M30. it was quick but it really killed the top speed, went from like ~125 to 110 or 115. first gear was pretty useless
                              Yeah... idk i might try it as ive got one.. but on the highway i feel like ti would be brutal

Comment

Working...
                              X