MAF issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAF issue

So the other day it was really cold out (10deg.F) and after startup my idle would drop like it was going to stall, and then kick back up.

Not a problem when I was driving.

I had been stopped at a light and when shifting from 1st it took off into the 4k rpm range when i pushed in the clutch.

I let the car roll back down the hill into a bus stop and it wouldn't start.

Had it towed and about an hour later it started, but idle would fluctuate between smooth and stalling.

I'm thinking this is an MAF issue, what do you think? M42 with 151k on it.

What can I do to fix this? Only place I can get one is from the stealer for 560+, Realoem doesn't have it, bav is same as the ship. Anything aftermarket?
    sigpic

do you have a MAF (as in aftermarket...miller or splitsecond ) or is it stock?
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Stock unit, AFAIK never been replaced.
      sigpic

Comment

OK, can't help you there.

BTW what you have is an AFM (air flow meter) not a MAF (mass air flow).
        you confused me a little

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Oh really? I was confused about this myself. I thought it was a mass air flow because on realoem its referred to as a "volume air flow sensor." My mistake, but then the question still stands, is there an aftermarket option for this, or do I pony up the $600 for the dealer.
          sigpic

Comment

how is you IAC?
            i would just look for a good used one if you AFM took a crap.
            for close to $600 you could convert to a real MAF IIRC

Comment

Is there any real advantage in converting w/o a boosted setup?

Edit: IAC, O2, hoses, FPR are all in good shape. Car still throws 1215.
              Last edited by stegosaurus; 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM. Reason: forgot something
              sigpic

Comment

i am running a splitsecond kit with Dbilas ITBs on a big cam'ed 2.7 stroker, so for me, yes.

with out a bunch of other mods you wont see a big difference, but if you are hell bent on spending that kind of $$.......

Comment

Oh, I can definitely do without spending $600 on an oem replacement piece, but I was under the impression that miller was more for turbo setups. I'll give splitsecond a look. Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

check your PM

Comment

junk yard
                      86 325e limo
                      build thread
                      http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=126204

Comment

PM'd, thanks a bunch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X