Help me decide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me decide....

So I have a little dilemma.... I'm going to be putting smileys into the car sometime this summer, but I can't really decide whether I want to get clear or smoked. I keep flipping it over in my mind, but can't come to a decision.

A little bit of info that might influence the decision: The kidneys will be staying chrome, no blacking out. Not a big fan of black kidneys. The car is shadowlined, and will be getting tinted in the spring (probably 20%). The front turn signals have been switched to smoked ambers already. I'll likely be getting them new, or as close to new as possible (brand new are so expensive, but I don't want them to look aged.) They will also be fitted with HIDs, almost certainly 4300K. The car is painted mauritusblau-metallic.

I did a quick photoshop to help decide... my dilemma is that I think the smoked lights look really good in some pictures, and not so good in others. Clear smileys have always looked good in my mind regardless.

Here is the car as of now (almost, add in smoked amber turn signals and euro grill):

Here's with smileys:

And smoked:
    Clear
    46.88%
    Smoked
    53.13%

"He speaks French..... in Russian."

Can't go wrong either way buddy. I like my smoked lights. PS my car is schwarz and I have the kopi smoked turns.

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

smoked

7speedshop.com

Comment

I agree w/ turf. You can't go wrong either way especially with your car's color... but I voted clear. It's a tough call really.

Comment

The shopped clears look a little dark.... here's another example:

Comment

Smoked goes along with your theme and gets my vote.
            1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

smoke and black kidneys

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Fel View Post
                The shopped clears look a little dark.... here's another example:
                [IMGhttp://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3356/smileysclear4qx7.jpg[/IMG]
                hehe, thats because my headlight are tucked about .25 inches further in the grill than there supposed to be and the euro grill shades them, my rad support is damaged from when my car got hit last summer.
                Last edited by kamotors; 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                  hehe, thats because my headlight are tucked about .25 inches further in the grill than there supposed to be and the euro grill shades them, my rad support is damaged from when my car got hit last summer.
                  Almost.... those came of a different car.... (I did the shop using about 5 different examples... haha)

I do, however, have euro grills now, so the effect may be similar.

Comment

If you have US spec trim and the orange/red side markers and you don't intend on getting euro trim and kopi turn signals, go with clear smilies.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                      smoke and black kidneys
                      Black kidneys will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
                        If you have US spec trim and the orange/red side markers and you don't intend on getting euro trim and kopi turn signals, go with clear smilies.
                        LOL.... guys, read the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Fel View Post
                          Black kidneys will not happen.
                          then go clear

Originally posted by vlad
                          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

haha I pulled TL;DR and just looked at the poll. I still stand with my vote for clear since you're keeping the chrome kidney...it's a tough call but you'll do what you want, after all it's your car. :up:

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

if you have smoked markers then i'd also change to smoked elips.
                              *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Working...
                              X