How much interest in a book on how to...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • whterice
    replied
    it would be nice to see such a book as for it ending up on pdf file you cant really say that cause were are the downloadable bentleys when you need them

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Half the people on r3v can't even read.
    Which half do you belong to?

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by 2002maniac
    I think you should title it "How to make a lightweight, strong, unibody" and go over basic principles in lightening/strengthening chassis' in general. Then use an E30 as an example. Make it relevant to other car owners. I think this could sell if it was not so specific.
    This would be a possibility but the principles are not all that hard for a semi bright guy to figure out on his own.

    The specifics like where, and how much steel you can cut out without everything going to hell in a hand basket is what is important... And are not the same at all for every uni-body construction chassis.


    At any rate...

    This is something else for the back burner for when I have time.

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    i would buy it in a hart beat!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    I would buy one. I think this is a great idea but it will would turn into a pdf file.

    Leave a comment:


  • Money$hit
    replied
    I came up with a cover idea:



    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    I'd buy one even at $100, just to see you come out with some actual details. Most likely I would not do any of the lightening but I'd like to know.
    Last edited by kishg; 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    just make sure you use lots of ellipses....

    in the book...

    to help get each point across...

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    I would buy this book. I may not use anything contained within it, but I think it would be an awesome read.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2002maniac
    replied
    I think you should title it "How to make a lightweight, strong, unibody" and go over basic principles in lightening/strengthening chassis' in general. Then use an E30 as an example. Make it relevant to other car owners. I think this could sell if it was not so specific.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by 88e30is
    Lets see that picture.
    Originally posted by kronus
    I bet it's a candid photo of Chris Bangle committing unmentionable (but blackmailable) acts with a clay model of the first bangle-butt trunk, a fleshlight, and about a pound of unsalted, whipped butter.
    I supose this needs some explaining...

    The short version:

    Big Company used an image I shot without permission...

    I sued for copyright infringement.

    Big company caved in and settled...

    I bought a house.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Weird double post...
    Last edited by DCColegrove; 02-12-2009, 11:30 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lurker27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazellebeigem3
    Can you just skip the song and dance and admit that youre a compulsive liar?

    -you did not pay for a house with a picture you took
    -you will not write this book
    -you do not have a full interior 318 w/ac that weighs under 2600lbs.
    -this could go on and on

    oh and im not sure that people on this board are willing to disassemble their transmissions and machine new componants out of "better alloys", or whatever ambiguous fucking phrase you used.
    Subscribing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
    I would buy for like $50ish. If it is mostly done then i see no harm publishing it. Make a few extra bucks on the side. More technical info the better.
    +1. I'll buy, I'm quite interested in adding lightness. $50 isn"t bad at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • gazellebeigem3
    replied
    Can you just skip the song and dance and admit that youre a compulsive liar?

    -you did not pay for a house with a picture you took
    -you will not write this book
    -you do not have a full interior 318 w/ac that weighs under 2600lbs.
    -this could go on and on
    -you did not extrude/port the intake manifold (that you said you at least ported) that was sent to you for however many months
    [see: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...take+manifold]


    Im going to continue to add to this list as i remember them. anyone else can feel free to contribute.

    oh and im not sure that people on this board are willing to disassemble their transmissions and machine new componants out of "better alloys", or whatever ambiguous fucking phrase you used.
    Last edited by gazellebeigem3; 02-12-2009, 09:29 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...