Would you buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you buy it?

I am considering an '87 325i sedan in Bronzite (not my favourite e30 colour). It only has 83,000 miles and is in immaculate condition, older owner, has had it since '88, has a file with every single service performed on the car. He wants $13.6K. Haven't seen it in person yet but looks to be in amazing condition. Fairly rare black/ grey hounds tooth interior in immaculate shape as well. Thoughts?

Bronzit (looks alpine in the pic) and schwarz houndstooth, not sure that's factory, which would hurt the value. Bronzit also hurts the value to most people. Single owner low mileage cars often mean lots of worn out parts and stuff that actually needs to be done, so an inspection is key. If it really is in great shape, you can get it for 10k ish, can afford it, and are happy paying that then by all means, go for it.

Comment

I bought my 1990 with 44k on the clock for $14k. Have him take off $2k.
      Last edited by positiveions; 01-21-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

that interior pic looks kinda perfect !

& that fabric is oem comfort seat , dark gray houndstooth, 0211.

as its e30 fabric I deal in,
        seen plenty to know,

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
          that interior pic looks kinda perfect !

& that fabric is oem comfort seat , dark gray houndstooth, 0211.

as its e30 fabric I deal in,
          seen plenty to know,
          Yeah, thanks, I thought I had seen it in an '87 e30 before.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Bronzit (looks alpine in the pic) and schwarz houndstooth, not sure that's factory, which would hurt the value. Bronzit also hurts the value to most people. Single owner low mileage cars often mean lots of worn out parts and stuff that actually needs to be done, so an inspection is key. If it really is in great shape, you can get it for 10k ish, can afford it, and are happy paying that then by all means, go for it.
            I was thinking along those lines. he says he was planing to put it up for sale for 15.3K in the spring and won't move on the price at all. It's also never seen snow or salt so I'll only be able to drive it around the underground parkade.

Comment

Working...
            X