Rear Seat Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Seat Protection

Hey all, just bought a 325i with a pristine cloth houndstooth interior. We have a Golden Retriever who bums a ride to the cottage with me now and again. :) any suggestions to protect that back seat which doesn't have head rests? I've used blankets and a rubber poncho but they always end up slipping off or pushed over.

Remove the seat entirely, wrap your cover behind the seat upper and let it drape over the lower. Alternately, keep the good seat in storage and get a spare for the dog.

Comment

Search Amazon for a rear seat cover for animals. We have one for my wife's Subaru for our dogs.
      1988 Alpinweiss 325i Convertible

Comment

One thing you could try doing is wrapping the upper and lower parts in those plastic mattress protectors (not sure what size would work, my guess is a twin would be a little on the larger side but a crib sized protector might be too small). This would more than likely protect the seats from any stains but I think they might be too light to protect from any ripping (anyone like to weigh in on that?) Reasoning behind mattress protectors is that they wrap around and either zip up or have an elastic band. You could cut holes in it to slip the metal brackets that fix the upper portion of the seat to the car through. If you’re handy with a sewing machine you could always make custom covers to get a better fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan.of.peachey View Post
          Search Amazon for a rear seat cover for animals. We have one for my wife's Subaru for our dogs.
          My parents had one for their e30 that fit perfectly almost like it was made for it, wish I still had it or I'd just give it to you for the price of shipping.
          My Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X