Passing time what to do on your E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing time what to do on your E30

What type of cheap easy overlooked stuff can be done will you have time . As some can’t break the wallet . Suggestions? I’ve had mine for about a year so I’m finding missing broken stuff here and there .

paint/touch-up all the black trim. super deep clean the interior including pulling the seats out. detail the engine bay. rebuild/readjust your ebrakes. change your spark plugs, air filter, and oil. check your roof drains. replace broken door panel clips. replace tail light gaskets.

Comment

it's an endless list... sent from hell using tapatalk
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      '90 325i sedan daily driven
      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

^^ get busy...ha ha

Fuel injector o rings are cheap and easy, use dielectric grease. It's $20 each to clean and flow match fuel injectors here.

Comment

i'm thinking about adding a lubed up masturbation sleeve to the tailpipe.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            i'm thinking about adding a lubed up masturbation sleeve to the tailpipe.
            my fleshlight barely fits... but she loves it! sent from hell using tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I've been giving everything a really good clean, or sand and repaint - especially areas like the wheel wells. It's not super fun work, but it's satisfying (and cheap!)

Comment

polish polish polish sent from hell using tapatalk
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thinking of rebuilding (new batteries) for an old Si board that failed in my e30.
                  Would be a great chance to learn how to solder and use a glue gun as well.

e30 related arts and crafts are always fun!
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                    paint/touch-up all the black trim. super deep clean the interior including pulling the seats out. detail the engine bay. rebuild/readjust your ebrakes. change your spark plugs, air filter, and oil. check your roof drains. replace broken door panel clips. replace tail light gaskets.
                    These are excellent suggestions IMO.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Clean the engine bay. Mine had 35 years of crud and dust buildup - it was so bad the dust had baked itself into the paint. I sprayed heavy duty Gunk all over mine, brushed the Gunk around, waited 20 minutes for it to soak in, brushed it around some more, then blasted everything with a garden hose. Looks so much cleaner and shinier.
                      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                        Is it just the 2 drains that drain to the front wheels or is there one for the rear? I get water in my spare tire jack . But I’m thinking that maybe the tail light gasket
                        ive completed some of the missing items under the hood . Missing headlight covers plus all associated clips . Subframe rear exhaust hanger and rubber that was missing . I put on some rear headrests I had from my extra trash seats .
                        Last edited by prisonerofdoom83; 04-06-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
                          Is it just the 2 drains that drain to the front wheels or is there one for the rear? I get water in my spare tire jack . But I’m thinking that maybe the tail light gasket
                          ive completed some of the missing items under the hood . Missing headlight covers plus all associated clips . Subframe rear exhaust hanger and rubber that was missing . I put on some rear headrests I had from my extra trash seats .
                          There's two tubes going from the sunroof down to the sides of the trunk

Comment

Looking at re-installing power steering right now and rebuilding the front end. I've already detailed it like 3 times and need to address a few small nagging issues.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Throttle pedal bushings is one that is cheap, easy, and makes a hell of a difference. Throw in a new cable too and your pants will be soiled upon first stomp to the floor.

Hood adjustment is free and relatively easy. My car came with every body panel misaligned, but the hood was really bad. There's a video on youtube of a guy doing it and it really makes a huge difference in the look of the front end (if yours is currently misaligned).

Check your bulbs. All of them. HVAC panel bulbs are often overlooked. There's even one in the rear ashtray.

If you are in need of a valve cover gasket, do a valve adjustment (free, assuming you have feeler gauges and 10mm wrench) and the gasket in a couple hours. Gaskets are relatively cheap.

The door clips suggestion is a really good one. If you haven't already, buy a bunch of them to have as spares when you need them. Between the E30 and E39, I go through quite a few of these regularly.

Check all your suspension bolts and make sure they are tight. Torque them to spec and if you're really hardcore, get some torque seal and mark them all so you'll know they are tight in the future.

Exhaust gaskets are cheap, but can be the worst PITA of anything on the car. I hate the sound of exhaust leaks, but yours may not be leaking. Spray some soapy water on each joint and see if they bubble. If not, forget this suggestion.
                              1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
                              2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
                              "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

Working...
                              X