Help with engine removal decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 55rag View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I am probably going to order all the parts I think I'll need then just pull the engine after I pressure test. I'll be able to pressure wash everything and clean it up. I have good mechanical abilities but this will be my first "modern" car I've pulled the engine on so I'm sure I'll be back on this forum asking questions. I've done a lot of reading already. Thanks again.
    Aside from the engine bay being a little bit more tight lengthwise than what you may be used to, pulling the drivetrain out of one of these cars really isn't bad at all. All the factory wiring is pretty neat, just label everything you remove and you'll be good to go. I'd recommend using a load leveler to help you get over the front core support with less drama. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

You either have to raise the engine or drop the subframe to replace the oil pan gasket, so considering everything else, I'd pull the engine. It's more work, but much easier work.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the tips. On another note I was under the car today checking the speedo pulse sensor because of a speedo issue and found out the car has an open diff. I guess someone swapped out the LSD at some point. What a bummer, now I'm on the lookout for that.

Comment

Not all iS cars came with a limited slip. It was still an option on all cars.

Comment

Working...
          X