Weird buzzing sounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird buzzing sounds!

Hi everyone. I tried searching/googling but couldn't find anything. So I'm hoping you experts can help me. I'm a new owner of a 1987 325ic delphine. Bought it from the original owner with 235k miles on it. Car is great and I'm loving it. However, there are 2 things that I would like to get fixed or at least find a temporary solution to.

1. Couple days ago, I went out to give it a wash and I hear a buzz, coming from the radio. Car is off, parked, and locked. I couldn't figure out so I decided to just disconnect and reconnect the battery. Oila! buzzing is gone. This morning, its back again! So I started looking into the fuses, looked at the owner manuals and pulled fuse 21, and noticed buzzing sound is gone. Put back the fuse, sound is still gone. Has this happen to anyone before? Do I just need to replace the head unit?

2. Took it for a drive last night (first time took it out at night). Get onto the main street, flipped my turn signal (left) to change lane and the high beam came on instead! Safe to say, a couple drivers in front of me didn't like it very much. Right turn signal works fine. I did find that this is a common issue for the e30. My question is, can I pulled fuses 1 and 2 for the high beam as a temporary fix? Since I don't really use high beam at all. It's a noob question, but just want to make sure it's okay and not mess up with anything. Thanks so much.

Moderators, please move to appropriate forum if needs be.

Sounds like you have a grounding issue somewhere. You will be fine pulling the fuses and driving that way.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

Comment

Who's Oila?
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

there is a ground not connected. same will happen when you connect the lighter hole charger to your phone while the stereo is on if you have it rigged to aux cords. ground everything. sent from hell using tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Thank you so much! I'll check it out. The head unit is pretty beat up so I'm thinking of installing a new one. So far, the buzz has not come back. I removed the high beam fuses, just because I don't want to keep flashing drivers. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            Who's Oila?
            Id like to see a pic of this little Oila. sent from hell using tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
            X