Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear pop-put windows for coupe

Hey guys,

I’m looking to purchase new rear pop out windows and was looking for a little guidance.

RealOEM shows the following part numbers:

Both of these are described as “vent window green.”

I also found these part numbers through a google search:

Both of these are described as “vent window clear.”

Are these windows all interchangeable with the only difference being the green tint?

Thanks

Yes, that is correct. From what I've seen, the biggest difference is between early model and late model pop outs. Late models have an extra rubber strip that goes along the top edge of the window frame whereas early models do not. And obviously, early models have more chrome.
    '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
    '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
      Yes, that is correct. From what I've seen, the biggest difference is between early model and late model pop outs. Late models have an extra rubber strip that goes along the top edge of the window frame whereas early models do not. And obviously, early models have more chrome.
      Would you happen to know which are for early models?

Comment

If you look at realoem.com, the part numbers you listed are all for late models. They all say "From 01/88"
        '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
        '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

If you look at realoem.com, the part numbers you listed are all for late models. They all say "From 01/88"
          Do you know if they’re interchangeable? I have an early model and they appear to be NLA.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulEZ View Post

Do you know if they’re interchangeable? I have an early model and they appear to be NLA.
            They are. I've had both kinds on my 318is. Only difference is that rubber strip, which means the body color will show between the window and the trim on the car. Weatherstrip and all the hardware is the exact same.
            '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
            '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

They are. I've had both kinds on my 318is. Only difference is that rubber strip, which means the body color will show between the window and the trim on the car. Weatherstrip and all the hardware is the exact same.
              Awesome thanks

Comment

yes the all chrome ones with bronze tint glass are prefaces
                and the green tint ones with shadowline are facelifts,
                apparenty 1988 was the year only of oem clear screens for the front, so u may find quarter windows the same,
                in the UK ,, of course !

I DO HAVE ALL POP OUTS FOR SALE,,ETC,,

Comment

Working...
                X