No announcement yet.

July 2022 Car of the Month: Simple_Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! MT2 in Delphin is easily one of the best, if not THE best combo out there. I appreciate the subtle, tasteful JDM homage.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      The wheels grew on me as I learned how much Japan is happening there. Defiantly a cool E30!

Hope to chat sometime at the vintage. Keep up posted of your E30 journeys! :)
      Yeah definitely! I saw your car but we didn't get a chance to meet

1989 JDM-Tech 2
      2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Congrats and very deserving car!

I love Regas, pretty much always have but never thought about them on an E30, being it's a Japanese import I love it even more. They look great on there!
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

The things I would do for a beautiful set of regamasters like that...
          I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
            Congrats and very deserving car!

I love Regas, pretty much always have but never thought about them on an E30, being it's a Japanese import I love it even more. They look great on there!
            I really wish they made Regas with more e30 friendly fitment (et20 would be a godsend) but studs and spacers isn't the end of the world. I've always loved e30s and Japanese wheels so this was the perfect opportunity to bring those together.
            Last edited by Simple_Smith; 08-16-2022, 06:01 AM.
            1989 JDM-Tech 2
            2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post

I really wish they made Regas with more e30 friendly fitment (et20 would be a godsend) but studs and spacers isn't the end of the world. I've always loved e30 Japanese wheels so this was the perfect opportunity to bring those together.
              I completely know what you mean, good friend had 16x7 white Regas on his EM1 Civic, I purchased the EM1 Civic - but he kept the Regas, I too eventually sold the EM1 after not long.

I almost wished I would have gotten the Regas on the car and at least took a few pictures of them on my E30, their design is still one of my faves.

I've got some other JDM wheels that will be going on my E30 soon though. Just need to get everything else done on it first.

I love that dead pedal, any details?

I also think maybe some other hints of red to match your Rega stickers strategically placed without going overboard would be a nice touch, but either way, love the complete look and look forward to more pictures.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

I completely know what you mean, good friend had 16x7 white Regas on his EM1 Civic, I purchased the EM1 Civic - but he kept the Regas, I too eventually sold the EM1 after not long.

I almost wished I would have gotten the Regas on the car and at least took a few pictures of them on my E30, their design is still one of my faves.

I've got some other JDM wheels that will be going on my E30 soon though. Just need to get everything else done on it first.

I love that dead pedal, any details?

I also think maybe some other hints of red to match your Rega stickers strategically placed without going overboard would be a nice touch, but either way, love the complete look and look forward to more pictures.
                The Deadpedal I made from scatch starting with a sheet of stainless, some cardboard, painter's tape, and the imprint of the Mtech deadpedal that a previous owner had removed.

As far as additional touches to complement the Regas, I really want to get Motorsport roundels and have flat center caps made with the motorsport roundels on those as well. Might eventually bring some red into the cluster via gauge needles, but that's really a backburner mod
                1989 JDM-Tech 2
                2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Working...
                X