1992 Alpinweiss II 318i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Alpinweiss II 318i Touring

I acquired the car at the start of the year, having been previously owned by a lady since new. She purchased the car in Hannover, Germany, before relocating the London in 2006 and the car came with her. I understand she travelled throughout Europe in the car and most often was in Chamonix. Despite being spec'd with one of the smaller engines in the range, the car does have some nice features, including heated drivers lock and mirrors, plus factory AC, so no sunroof.

Since owning the car, I have had it serviced, carried out welding on both sills and the rear valance, replaced the under bonnet insulation, the headlining, front brake pads, plus fitted a new bonnet badge, some H&R springs and the refurbished BBS RZ's.

Nothing wrong with an M40, but I suspect that it's a bit dull with the auto. At least you have A/C.

What's the deal with the fender mounted turn signal repeater/marker lights? Normally only see those on models originally sold in the UK or 80s US imports.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Nothing wrong with an M40, but I suspect that it's a bit dull with the auto. At least you have A/C.

What's the deal with the fender mounted turn signal repeater/marker lights? Normally only see those on models originally sold in the UK or 80s US imports.
      It certainly isn't winning any races, but I don't mind the auto box, I must be getting old!!

I believe they had to be fitted, when the car was imported to the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X