• Show
Clear All

my kid's future e30

Start 'em young!
    SOLD '90 325is SOLD

You are starting that kid off right.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

wait till he finds the horn like mine did. its a bee line for it every time.

Comment

SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

Omg please sell me your car! =)

what kinda gas mileage you getting on that baby?

Comment

that e30 is pretty color! :)

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
              what kinda gas mileage you getting on that baby?
              right now it's getting around 19/24-ish (city/hwy). Lately it sees more short trips which kills the mileage. In top shape it was getting closer to 30mpg hwy (28 or so).
              Last edited by jhowell; 05-19-2009, 07:15 AM.
              SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
                that e30 is pretty color! :)
                sterlingilber ftw!
                SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

Finally got a lip. First couple coats are drying, I'll sand and final coat tomorrow. Replacing rear shock mounts in the next day or 2. Replaced some relays / boots / other bits which asked for replacing.

2 of my body trim pieces have a weird finish, like they're crumbling (the others are nice & smooth like butta). Kind of rough. Should I sand and Plasti-Dip? I'd rather not replace them b/c they seem in good shape otherwise. Also my hood vent by the windshield thingies are all faded light gray. Should I just rattle can flat black or plasti-dip those? How the hell do I take them off without breaking them?

The car currently has stock factory ultra super premium sound package. I threw a 12" in the trunk, and I'm happy with the premium speakers. I just need to rewire and install a new HU.

These are some of my immediate plans. I'd like to hear any suggestions, like crush it or paint it pink or lower it 1.8" all around w/ a 35% tint and 15" black weaves ohhhhh......
                  Last edited by jhowell; 07-28-2009, 11:00 PM. Reason: because " & inches is redundant
                  SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

as for the vents under the windshield, I would plasti-dip them. I tried both the rattle can and plasti-dip method and the shine with rattle can did not go well with the body color (I had a red and black e30). I like the "dull" look of plasti-dip for the trim pieces.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I'll pick some up and try it out.

Tonight I'm installing OBC relay and hopefully getting the damn thing to read anything other than PPPP or AAAA (I already tried the 24+ hour battery reset and holding code with the little button push reset. Mine's fried, but not in the OBC itself. Gotta be the relay. Tomorrow I'll tell you I was wrong).
                      SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

I love the sterling Silver paint. Reminds me of my 318is
                        BMW Headlights ::

Comment

got my kid the same color.
                          sigpic

Comment

^^ lolz

wish my parents raised me like that...i was a deprived child..no semi-cool cars till high school

98 540 MSport
                            89 325 ix

Comment

Originally posted by maximumangle View Post
                              wish my parents raised me like that...i was a deprived child..no semi-cool cars till high school
                              He's gonna work for it - if he doesn't want / deserve it..............track rat!

I love the car - it's my daily. When I had my son I decided that someday I'd pick up an old VW or BMW for him to restore for his 1st car. This car is really practice / fallback for that (I've had it for 10 years). I have an e28 lined up which'll get full baller treatment - daddy style.

Just finished claying the paint - I can't believe how nice it feels.

Lip got a couple more coats - there was a fly in the paint so I had to sand a little. Ghetto balcony paintbooth ftw. Finish painting tomorrow and install Friday. Floss down to Monterey for the weekend. With luck I'll have a working OBC to stare at and crash.
                              SOLD '90 325is SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X