Fender Flare Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
    yeeerrp... except that car probably doesn't need them for those wheels, but threw them on for attention, like all the other untasteful stuff on it.
    You realize that Eric lives in Germany and takes the car to the Nurburgring fairly often, right? And "those wheels" with real sized tires will require flares on a non-M e30 chassis.

;)
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
      My inspiration:

I know the owner of this car through a norwegian forum.
      It sports a e38 v12 engine, fully mappable ECU, supertrap exhausts, 850CSi 6-speed manual, Z3 M Coupe running gear and brakes, fuel cell, and so on and so on.

Comment

RARE BBS kit with flares

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
          You realize that Eric lives in Germany and takes the car to the Nurburgring fairly often, right? And "those wheels" with real sized tires will require flares on a non-M e30 chassis.

;)
          no i didn't know that actually, but i was more just talkin about the rusted trunk and amongst other things. :)

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
            RARE BBS kit with flares

Touring 2-door?

Buy My Car

Comment

It's a one-off, and a hack-job at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                It's a one-off, and a hack-job at that.
                Unfortunately not a one off (but a hack job for sure). They were built in the Netherlands using A1 VW golf hatches. Sort of like the Bauer vert hack hack jobs and not official BMW.
                "Drifting an E30 is like pouring out a beer just to get a nickel for the can"

Comment

Yeah, I think they only built a very small handful of them.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                    And "those wheels" with real sized tires will require flares on a non-M e30 chassis.

;)
                    That is the common conception, but I run 17"x8" et20, 235/40/17 tires and I have rolled my fenders. I put some good pressure outwards on the sheetmetal with the fender roller and created some flare, but i clear with no rubbing at all. Pics of my track car which rolls on this setup:

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      I think his name is Alexi. I met him a few years ago at Tom's house one time, when the car was white. He had one of the first M30 swaps I'd ever seen.
                      Back then he had the white car with the zender flares. Then he moved to that color, saw it sorta recently at a PMS meet. Car looks a lot better now!

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                        Back then he had the white car with the zender flares. Then he moved to that color, saw it sorta recently at a PMS meet. Car looks a lot better now!
                        I worked with him last summer, we've gotten to be good friends. He told me yesterday though that he can't make it to the picnic this year, kind of a bummer.

Right now the interior is totally removed, but the exterior is coming along. I'm supposed to help him get the mtech 2 rear bumper on in the next few weeks, then we'll finish smoothing out the flares.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                          That is the common conception, but I run 17"x8" et20, 235/40/17 tires and I have rolled my fenders. I put some good pressure outwards on the sheetmetal with the fender roller and created some flare, but i clear with no rubbing at all. Pics of my track car which rolls on this setup:

I run 17x8 et22 with 235/40/17 all around and a decent roll. No rubbing exceot for full lock out of the driveway because I'm pretty slammed.
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Thank god that 2 door touring is not normal. I would have to start my search all over again for a wagon!
                            Kevin Gibson
                            90 325is

Comment

not a fan of the bbs flares or skirts but i love the front valance

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X