E30 332is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 332is

I've been a long time getting my car up and running, and even longer getting some pics up. Basically, I took my 89 325is off the road 3 years ago and started what was suposed to be a basic S52 swap. It ended up being a major pain in the butt and cost about 3 times what I expected, but I'm very happy with the results.

Here is the basic build list...Not including many other little bits and pieces that were required to sort out all the bugs.

S52 Block
    S50 head and intake (rebuilt with new valves, seals, retainers, ect)
    E36 M3 transmission
    M Roadster shifter
    E36 M3 brakes
    E36 M3 control arms and knuckes
    Ground control coilovers and camber plates
    318ti trailing arms and brakes
    E30 M3 driveshaft
    E30 3.25 LSD
    24lb injectors
    Euro 3.5" MAF
    TMS Chip
    BBS RGR forged rims with Falken Azenis tires
    E36 M3 rack and tie rods
    Custom Exhaust with Ireland Engineering Muffler

Thats off the top of my head....There was a ton more, but I'm affraid to look at all the receipts as I do not want to see those totals again.

I've got 318is shadowline trim on the way, and other than that I think I'm done for a while.

Many thanks to Witek and Aaron at Viteks Autowerks in Calgary for countless hours sorting out this beast. Without them, it would still be a sitting in my garage with an empty engine bay! http://www.bmwguys.ca/

Pics are at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/546116

They are at the bottom of the page.

I've got about 1000kms on it so far, and it absolutely destroys my E36 M3 and runs head to head with my buddies E46 M3.

Ian

Jesus christ, Nice cars!
    M Coupe

Comment

love the red e30s

Comment

Nice stable! :pimp:

Clean swap. Welcome to the s52 e30 club! 8)
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
          Thats off the top of my head....There was a ton more, but I'm affraid to look at all the receipts as I do not want to see those totals again.

Love the car though, the end result is beautiful! I believe you about the power having ridden in my friend's E30 M3 w/euro S52 swap (330hp, fiberglass fenders, gutted interior, full cage, Wilwood brakes) driven in anger at the track. The acceleration is like a tidal wave pushing you into the seat.
          cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Comment

I would name the red 332 "Frankenstien" And then blow the doors off anyone looking my way.

Comment

nice cars! one day ill live in s52 land too
              Originally posted by kronus
              pff, all of you are slow as hell anyway. Eta > all

Comment

Nice cars. practically my dream garage.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X