Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the beater e30... $300 well spent?

Presenting my 1988 325is...

I haven't had an e30 in over a year, and I came across this at a local car auction. It's an auction where cars get towed for illegal parking and other such moving violations, and then after 1 or 2 months when the owners don't pay their bill, they get auctioned off. This one came with a full set of golf clubs!

Anyways, I got the car for $300, got a key made for $75, and I drove it home after jump starting the battery. Unfortunately, a spontaneous coolant leak and charging issue has rendered the car stationary for now. Until i get that sorted out (hoping it's not something major like a t-belt or head gasket), I am cleaning this thing top to bottom. So far I have removed all the junk, and removed the seats and center console.

There are some dents and dings, and areas of visible surface rust. You can see one on the passenger door. I am not planning on doing too much to her, probably just sand them down and shoot them with some Rustoleum for now.

If i can get the car running again, it will be a steady stream of little things to fix here and there.

~ Squirrel

1988 325is
    1989 325i 5-speed, w/ LSD (sold)
    1989 Acura Legend Coupe 5-speed
    1990 Honda VTR250
    1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S

Nice

Comment

Good pick up!
      08' BMW M5
      07' BMW Z4M Coupe - SOLD
      95' BMW M3
      87' BMW 535is
      Bring Bangle Back...

Comment

Looks decent for under $400
        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
          looks decent for under $400
          +1
          WTB: E30 (cali registered only) 5 speed coupe 88-91 (AlpineWhite2, Silber or Calypsorot ONLY)

Comment

how can you go wrong for 300 bucks?
            sigpic

I wear a suit, I do coke, and I ski...:D
            That's why I drive a BMW

Comment

jealous!

e24 e9 e30
              IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

It has reignited my love for the E30, but I am not sure this is the one that will stick around. We will see how the project goes, though. My Legend Coupe is a smooth criminal, and it will take a slick E30 before I get rid of it. But, maybe having 2 motorcycles and a $300 car could be fun.......
                ~ Squirrel

1988 325is
                1989 325i 5-speed, w/ LSD (sold)
                1989 Acura Legend Coupe 5-speed
                1990 Honda VTR250
                1985 Honda Nighthawk 700S

Comment

Working...
                X