No announcement yet.

pix from before being stripped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is only have 6button obc's so they don't calc mpg. I have a hard time believing 39mpg. I get 34mpg with tires at 33psi front, 35psi rear, no mods except suspension, cruising at 65mph. Calculated with dist/gal
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Its distance/ gallons I drove ALL HIGHWAy

I also rock 45 PSI
      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

What year is your tii? I have a '74
        If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post

I been reporting 39mpg highway average.
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            39mpg?!
            Thats the rare US diesel version. Havent you guys heard of it?
            sigpic

Comment

hes probably got it set to metric/euro L settings...

---------------------------------------------------
              DAMN RANGE SETTING!!!

Comment

Its really not that difficult to get 39 MPG highway
                and it is NOT metric/Euro settings. The 4point injectors + Mark D chip made a huge difference. It's all the little things that add up that equate to better gas mileage. keep your eye on that mpg gauge, and dont let it slip 40 mpg. pretty simple.

Recent Motor Trend got 27 mpgs out of a 2008 M3 without anymodificattions, but just driving techniques.

google ecomodder

It is a 74 tii but I have the 1600 bumpers on that bad boy.
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                  Its really not that difficult to get 39 MPG highway
                  and it is NOT metric/Euro settings. The 4point injectors + Mark D chip made a huge difference. It's all the little things that add up that equate to better gas mileage. keep your eye on that mpg gauge, and dont let it slip 40 mpg. pretty simple.

Recent Motor Trend got 27 mpgs out of a 2008 M3 without anymodificattions, but just driving techniques.

google ecomodder

It is a 74 tii but I have the 1600 bumpers on that bad boy.
                  Did you not get this? Your econogauge and your OBC are both running about 30% too high now. They go off your injector duty cycle/injector pulse width assuming you're running stock 14# injectors.

19# injectors decrease your actual mileage, even if you drive the same. Mine went down to about 15mpg with my mark d and 19#ers, even though the OBC states about 21. (yes, I drive it like I stole it, kinda hard not to after that mod)

Comment

Nice car man!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      Did you not get this? Your econogauge and your OBC are both running about 30% too high now. They go off your injector duty cycle/injector pulse width assuming you're running stock 14# injectors.

19# injectors decrease your actual mileage, even if you drive the same. Mine went down to about 15mpg with my mark d and 19#ers, even though the OBC states about 21. (yes, I drive it like I stole it, kinda hard not to after that mod)
                      From What I have read, 318is' come with 19 lb injectors stock, its the m20 that have 14 lbs. the injectors were only swapped with 4 pintle sprayers.

In addition to that, they only spray MORE fuel when you floor it(WOT setting in COMP), otherwise they spray the exact same as they did before.

I got my MPG readings off of the distance I went divided by gallons, my OBC doesnt work.
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Working...
                      X